Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

TLC439 Reflective Stamping


Hello everyone....Hope you have had a great weekend!!! My grandson, Cole, has been visiting with us for the past week and believe me, there is never a dull moment when he is around!!! He is hung up on playing double solitaire so we have had some marathon games...LOL!!!  Anyway...it's my turn to host the Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast this week and I have an old technique for some of you but it's new to me....reflective stamping!! 


Here are the deets:

1. Gather supplies....card stock, inks, stamps, and a piece of acetate
2. Stamp your image on the card stock
3. Ink up your stamp again and this time stamp it on the piece of acetate
4. Flip your piece of acetate over so your stamped image is facing down. Line it up with your first image to create your reflection. Place acetate on card stock. 
5. Rub over your acetate. It will transfer the image from the acetate to your card stock.
6.
If you use an image stamp you can finish it by doodling or drawing  a line between your stamped image  and the reflection to ground it.
7. If you use this technique for word stamps, you can use a lighter color or a different color altogether for the reflection. You can add the ground line or not for word stamps...what ever strikes your fancy!!!I found an excellent tutorial on Splitcoast by Beate...she shows you step by step how to do this fun technique!! 

My card features stamps from Taylored Expressions Happily Ever After set.  The Love stamp was stamped with Coastal Cabana and the reflection was stamped with Pool Party. The leaves were stamped with Pistachio Pudding, cutout, and adhered under the flower. The sentiment is from the same set and the sequins and twine finish it off. 

Thanks for stopping by today....I hope you find the time to play along with us in this weeks TLC challenge!!!

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love the use of reflective stamping. Stunning!

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This is so pretty, love it!

*Vicki* said...

WOW! What a stunning effect!! Really gorgeous creation Joan! HUGS :)

Jodi Collins said...

Joan, this is GORGEOUS!! What an awesome technique!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun look! I'll have to get over there and give it a try!

Your burlap blossom is stunning! Exquisite work, Joan!

Dianne said...

Hey Joan, I haven't had a chance to visit, 2 BDs sorry. This card is gorgeous, I haven't tried that myself either, i love how it looks so will have to try it. Beautiful flower and love the string, thanks for sharing , have a great week..

Kimberly S said...

What a pretty stamp technique Joan, and that flower is fabulous! hugs, Kimberly

Tammy said...

New technique to me too but I love it, must give it a try! Your card is beautiful, love the gorgeous colors and flower!

Linda Palmer said...

What an awesome card and design. Joan, it is gorgeous.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this is gorgeous! LOVE the technique!!! Will try to sneak into my stamp room one evening this week ;)

Hearing about you and Cole playing double solitaire brings back great memories as I used to do the same with my grandmother!!! FUN times for sure!

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous!

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. New technique for me to try. Love it and thanks for sharing it.

Ellen Taylor said...

Well looky what I missed!! I never would have thought of using this technique with sentiments! Going to have to give this a go!!FANTASTIC card!!!

Peanut said...

What a neat technique, Joan. Love the reflective effect. Thanks for leaving me a sweet comment.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Anonymous said...

My eye caught site of the aqua in my blogger feed -- I love that color...!! Now, reflective stamping I have never even heard of & I needed to take a closer look!
What a very cool concept !!
I'll need to check out the tute to learn more!

Your card is gorgeous, by the way!!
& I love non-traditional wedding (& holiday!) colors!!
So pretty!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful card Joan, organic and elegant!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful