Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Color Throwdown #251


 Hello everyone....it's Wednesday again and time for another Color Throwdown Challenge!!! Lynn is the hostess this week and she has picked some bold and beautiful colors....I was a little nervous about this color combo but when I found the winter papers by Little Yellow Bicycle, I was in business!!!


My card features stamps and diecuts from Papertrey Ink's In the Meadow set and the
Mojo Monday # 302 sketch. A little sewing was done around the edges and the ribbon and diecut snowflake finish it off. 

Remember, you don't have to use the exact colors....use what you have as long as they are close to the challenge colors and be sure tp add CTD251 to the keywords section when you upload your card to an online gallery so we can find your creations!!

Do you want to see some beautiful inspiration? Here are the CTD Designers....check out what they have created this week!!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits

Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Joan Ervin - Stamping With a Passion - that's me! 
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor  
Lynn Put - The Queens Scene
Lori Tecler - Inking a Loud
Stacey Schafer - Stacey's Stamping Stage - our July Guestie


Thanks for stopping by today....have a good one and I hope you can find a little time to play along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

16 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design and colours.xxx

Tammy said...

Fun wintertime card! Love the turquoise with the chocolate combo!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I just LOVE the winter scene w/ these colors!! I love non-traditional holiday cards... & while this isn't a holiday card, per se, it's still sooooooo fun for a winter card!!!! :)) :))

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card and design. Love this color combo and you always make them look so easy to put together.

Barbara said...

Love how you made this a winter card, Joan--a welcome sight in this heat right now!

*Vicki* said...

So gorgeous Joan!! I love the silhouette and the colors are gorgeous too! :)

Theresa Tyree said...

Omg! A new Color throwdown challenge? I'm brand new and posted for the first time on the anniversary challenge. You've done an amazing job with the colors! I can't wait to play again with this palette!!!

Kimberly S said...

Gorgeous birthday card Joan! What a fun color combination, and of course you did a beautiful job putting it together! hugs, Kimberly

Peanut said...

Not your usual Christmas colours but it really works. A wonderful festive card.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I LOVE the silhouette so festive!

Broni said...

What a fabulous design, Joan! I never would've thought to use these colors for a Christmas card, but I adore the way it worked!! Beautiful!

Lindsey said...

This is such a fabulous card, and I love that you turned this color scheme into a holiday card. Though I would have never thought to do that, they totally work.

Ellen Taylor said...

Awesome design Joan!Love how you worked these colors together! Have a fab day!!

Lori said...

Fabulous, Joan! Love the look of these non-traditional colors for a wintery design.

Lynn Put said...

Oh goodness, this is wonderful! Love your wintery scene and pretty details!

Dawn Easton said...

Totally FUN card! Love the colours actually!!