Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Taylored Expressions: Share Joy Campaign


Hello everyone!! Today marks the beginning of the Share Joy Campaign....The Share Joy Campaign is an invitation to celebrate the joy of card making and to share that joy with others.  The gift of a handmade card can bring a smile to anyone’s face, and we want to bring as many smiles as we can to the faces of people around the world!  Please join us in creating and sending handmade cards that will make a difference in the lives of others.  



This is just the beginning..... we will be donating the cards to various charities as time goes on and we will start by sending this first batch of cards to hospital chaplains throughout the U.S.   TE stamps are not required, unless you want to be considered for the opportunity to have your card featured on the TE Store homepage.

Be sure to go to the TE Share Joy page for all the details!!!


My card features stamps from several Taylored Expressions Stamp Sets.... Branching Out for the branch and leaves, Delightful Day for the flowers, birds, sentiment and bubble, and Garden Party Blooms for the sun. 
The little birds were paper pieced with scraps and the flowers, leaves, and the edge of the word bubble were colored with Copics. The sun was stamped with Summer Sun and the background clouds were sponged on using a home made cloud template and Bashful Blue ink. A little sewing was done around the edges and the twine finishes it off.  

Sharing the Joy of card making is very near and dear to my heart!!! I love to make cards for my family, friends, and church family. I think they love to receive them, too... I remember one year I was a day or two late with my grandson Ryan's birthday card and I din't have time to make one so I actually bought a card...gasp!!! Ryan asked me why I didn't make him a card and I felt sooo bad!!! That's when I realized that everyone feels special when they receive a handmade card especially for them....that is my joy...to make my loved ones feel special!! 

Check out all the designers who are participating in the Share Joy Campaign!!!


Thanks for stopping by....be sure to check out all the details for the Share Joy Campaign!!!

22 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image,love it.xxx

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Joan. Love the paper-pieced birdies and the pretty flowers. The clouds look great.

Crystal said...

AWWW Joan this is SUPER SWEET!!! Those birds are just sooo adorable!! What a wonderful creation :)

Cassie said...

What a cute, cute card, Joan! Your paper pieced bird are sure to leave a smile :D

Linda Palmer said...

Your card is so cute. Love the flowers and birds. I have a ton of cards I can't donate as the majority of mine are 6X6. If they change their minds about the size let me know.

jimlynn said...

Love those paper pieced birds!! Precious card and reminds me of a bright and sun shiny day.
Lynn

Annette Allen said...

aww what a cute little scene you created.. so full of summer..

Tammy said...

Wonderful way to share your love of card making! Your cards are always fabulous and today's card is just adorable and cheerful!

Shannon White said...

OMGosh Joan!! This is just the Sweetest Ever!! Such a Darling scene & Love the fluffy clouds too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Shelly said...

So pretty, Joan! Your flowers are perfect with the birdies, so so sweet! Love it! Hugs!

Kimberly S said...

This is so, so cute Joan! Love the little birds, and you've created such an adorable scene. hugs, Kimberly

Anne Temple said...

So cute and colorful. Love how you combined the various stamp sets to create your adorable scene.

Tracy said...

This just adorable Joan! It truly brightened up my day. Great coloring!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Joan! Love everything about this sweet scene!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- I love this scene- and for a great cause too! Oh, my husband too- I did not make him a card one year for his birthday- he really enjoys the cards 'made especially for him'!

Ellen Taylor said...

Sweet card Joan! This scene would bring joy to anyone! Your clouds are just the bestest!! Have a great day!!

*Vicki* said...

Hello Joan!! :) Your card is just adorable!! I think your design is so lovely!! I have started a new blog and hope you can stop by sometime! HUGS

Melody said...

LOVE your sweet scene! That card would definitely make someone smile!

Sarah Gough said...

This gorgeous card really will bring joy!

Dianne said...

Beautiful card you have created, the background is fantastic, love the sweet birds,a wonderful make Joan thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week..

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness, Joan! So cute!!

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Joan!! I love those cute paper pieced birds and the flowers and twine detail are gorgeous... it's a card that is sure to bring joy to the recipient! :-)
Hope you have a lovely week
Hugs Sue xx