Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

TLC437 Tissue Stamping


Hello everyone...It's my turn to host the Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast and I have a fun technique for you suggested by Sue (bensarmom) called *Tissue Stamping*!!

There are several ways you can do this:

1. You will need tissues (Puffs, Kleenex, etc.), a light, medium, and dark shade of each color you are going to use, and a solid stamp.
2. Ball up your tissue like a sponge and starting with the lightest color, pounce the tissue ball onto the ink pad and then pounce it on your stamp.
3. Now do the same think with the medium color using a new tissue and then do the same think with the darkest color along one side for the shading.
4. Huff on stamp to re-moisten and stamp.

You can also:

1. Use tissue to sponge the background
2. Use tissue to color line stamps, cut them out, and adhere to your project.

Here is a video on tissue stamping that Sue sent me by Art and Soul 

My card features stamps from Taylored Expressions A Day in Paradise...the sail boat which is a solid stamp was tissue stamped with Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, and Real Red....it was cutout and popped up on foam dots. The chairs which are line stamps were stamped with Elegant Eggplant and tissue stamped with Lavender Lace, Wisteria Wonder, and Elegant Eggplant.....they were then cutout and popped up on foam dots. The sky was tissue stamped with Summer Sun, Marigold Morning, Pumpkin Pie, and Pool Party....a punched circle was taped to the background prior to adding the color to create the sun. The ocean is a torn piece of Pool Party and the sand is Crumb Cake that was torn and embossed with the Dotted Swiss folder. The sentiment is from the same set and the twine is the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by...hope you can join us for this weeks TLC!!!


14 comments:

Tammy said...

Fabulous results from the tissue technique, must give it a try! Wonderful card Joan, wish I was sitting there!

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Joan this is beautiful!!!! clever idea too!

Anne Temple said...

I've not heard of this technique and definitely want to try it. Your card is stunning. Love the look of this technique.

Patti J said...

Well, now...why didn't I think of that? What a great technique, and Joan, your card is delightful! Looks like a realistic waterfront scene! Beautifully don. Thanks for sharing :)

Lynn McAuley said...

How fabulous, Joan! I am going to have to give this a try!! I love the soft look, especially with your beautiful beach scene!

jimlynn said...

Great technique and a gorgeous card! Makes me want to be there right now. So pretty.
Lynn

Susan (rainy) said...

Such a pretty card, Joan. Love this technique.. gives such a soft and unique look to the design.

Kimberly S said...

The colors are gorgeous in this Joan, love the background! hugs, Kimberly

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card. Love beach cards. It is a fun technique that I have used in the past. Thanks for the reminder about it.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Joan!! Love the colors!!

Desire Fourie said...

Joan, this is a gorgeous creation. Loving the outdoor scene and how you have used the twine.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Bev Gerard * TexasGrammy said...

Oh my! What a terrific creation I see! Tissue stamping??? I'm going to have to give this a try some day for sure!

Loved chatting with you, and am so glad to hear your voice!

((((hugs)))0

Peanut said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the effect. thanks for sharing the link...I'm definitely going to give it a go.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a sweet comment.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Dianne said...

Okay Missy this is a new use for the tissues, I love it and will definitely try it, the card is gorgeous, you have created a gorgeous background, love the sail ship and your chairs, fabulous creation on that card, thanks for sharing...