Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Patriotic Wreath


Good morning everyone....hope all is well with you and your's!! I striped all the sheets and blankets off the beds and have been washing clothes for the last couple of hours. I actually did a little dusting yesterday and later today I'll run the sweeper and mop. Don't ask me what has gotten into me...the cleaning bug musta bit me last night...LOL!!! Anyway....  I made this card last night but was too tired at 1:00 AM to upload till today....it's for the Color Challenge on Splitcoast to use red/white/blue. I just love patriotic cards and already had all the papers and stamps on my counter so this came together real fast. 

The wreath from Taylored Expressions 4th of July Wreath set was colored with Copics, cut out with the coordinating die, and popped up on foam dots. The sentiment flags were cut from the Taylored Expressions Graphic Greetings Patriotic stamp. The punched star with the button, twine, and the crazy sewing finish it off. 

Thanks for stopping by today....I'm off to finish my laundry and then I can play in the craft room till supper time...woot!!!!

 

10 comments:

Sue B said...

Oh Wow!! this is gorgeous Joan!! what a fab design this is !! I love the patriotic colours and the wreath and sentiments look absolutely stunning!! :-)
Sorry I've been such a rubbish blogger lately... I've not been keep up with my commenting at all !!
Hope you are well hun!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Tammy said...

Wow, absolutely wonderful card to celebrate America's birthday! Just fabulous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the card- the wreath is great- but my favorite part is the stitching- it adds such a great touch!!! And, yuck- I HATE to clean...but it has to get done, doesn't it?
Have a great 4th!!!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic 4th of July card! Love the stitching on here too.
If you get tired of cleaning at your house you can always come do mine!! LOL!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous!!! I have that TE stamp & die ~~~ I need to get it out and get to work!! So cute and I love your stitching!!! :) :) :)
WOW on the cleaning bug, please send it my way!!! Home from vacay and I have laundry to the roof!!!

Marlena M. said...

Your wreath is gorgeous Joan~I love your distressed panel also!

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful card! Love the stitching you did.

Beverley said...

Joan...thank you so much for droppin' by my blog...I love the lavender hair bow too...I never get tired of Red...White...and Blue...but that pop of Bermuda Bay sure did Pump Up the Volume...fantastic cards...thanks for sharing them.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Kimberly S said...

Love it! That starry blue background is gorgeous, and of course I just love the wreath! :) hugs, Kimberly

Have a happy 4th Joan!

Dawn Easton said...

Love that whimsical stitching and distressing!! Totally fab!