Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Oriental Silhouette


The Ways To Use It challenge on Splitcoast today is to use silhouettes. I am soo excited because silhouettes are one of my favorite techniques!! You can use almost any solid stamp and several different techniques to achieve the silhouette look. Some of my favorite techniques include:

1. Stamp inage with black craft and emboss with clear ep

2. Stamp off the image a couple of times to create a shadow effect

3. Stamp and emboss on glossy paper and then use the brayer to add color over the image

4. Use crayon resist technique to color images and then add color over the top

5. Emboss image with white ep on dark cardstock

6. Stamp image directly on designer paper

I hope I have given you a few ideas to stir your interest!!

I did a quick card for this challenge..the Hero Arts image was stamped with Memento Black ink onto Whisper White cardstock and layered with Prism Papers and black cs. The flowers on the Oriental background paper match the flowers in the stamped image almost perfectly. After I uploaded this card to Splitcoast, I trimmed the ribbon tails back a little and took the picture again. I'm much happier with how it looks now. Thanks for coming to visit!! Stay tuned for another Halloween card!!


No comments: