Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Embossed Shimmer


Good Morning! The TLC Challenge (Try a New Technique) on Splitcoast today was to stipple Lumiere tinted with reinkers onto acetate and run through the cuttlebug to create a shimmery embossed background. I cut the piece of acetate 4" by 5 1/4 ". Drops of Old Olive, Only Orange, and Ruby Red reinkers were placed on a paper plate. The Lumiere was added to each of the drops with a stipple brush and then stippled on the acetate. I did use a a piece of papertowl to move some of the goo because my brush kept loosing hairs! After it was dry, I ran it through the cuttlebug. Remember to place the colored side down in the folder....I didn't do that the first time so I had to make another one. You don't want the paint side up on your card because it will peel off! I layered the acetate on a piece of Pumpkin Pie and then mounted on Old Olive.
The Lockhart image was stamped with Memento Brown ink and colored with Copic Markers. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. Ribbon, Prima, and leaf brad complete the card. Thanks for visiting and please come again! I will be uploading some fun Halloween cards later today.

5 comments:

Broni said...

Hi Joan! What a beautiful shimmery card this is!

I just stopped by to welcome you to the blogging world! I hope you have fun with it! I'll add you to my blogroll if that's ok with you.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

OMG Joan! I see you have a blog now..Good for you girl!! Off to subscribe. Love this card!! Chris

Rose Ann said...

Your Lockhart angel is so pretty, and colored beautifully!! I love your embossed background too!! Welcome to the blog world!! You're off to a wonderful start, Joan!! ;)

Holly said...

This is stunning!!! I need to see it in person!!! :-)

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful panel on this Joan! love the cuttle folder you used - I've linked your blog on mine so I can hop over quicker!