Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Double Dog Dave Challenge


Anne (Itsapassion), hostess for the DDC this week, sent the Double Dare group a few goodies to use for her challenge. She sent a piece of beautiful designer paper and two doilies which made me think of Victorian elegance. I decided to use this retired SU set called See With the Heart. I stamped the image in Basic Gray and did a little color wash with Pretty in Pink and Soft Sky. The layers were cutout with Nestabilities and mounted on the doily. The embroidered ribbon is by Melissa Frances and the organdy ribbon and pearls came from Michael's. I used Soft Sky and a light gray cardstock from
Prism Paper for the layers.
I am on a quest to use all my stamp sets at least once by the end of the year so now I can cross this one off the list..only a gazillion left to go!!
BTW, my wonderful husband is converting our garage into a craft studio for ME!!!! I am sooo excited and I promise to be very, very good!!! When it is completed, we will build a three car garage for him and all his stuff...I will be taking some pictures later today so you can see the progress. Hope it's done before Christmas!! Now I gotta go work on a sketch challenge card...thanks for visiting!!!

2 comments:

Chrissy D said...

HOLY MOLY!!! This is absolutely STUNNING!!! Very elegant!!

Lorelie Kim said...

This is GOEGEOUS!! We'll have fun on CDS! Can't wait to see what you create with the new stamp sets :)