Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Splitcoast's TLC Challenge #388


Hello everyone...I hope you are all having a great weekend!!!! We have been busy with our new horse...she hurt her leg on a gate so we have been playing doctor. She is better now but it will take a week or more to heal....we aren't used to having such a young mare who is a little wild and crazy. Our other mares are older and much calmer....I think our new baby Chestnut is making them tired, too...LOL!!! Anyway....

 I have a fun and easy TLC challenge on Splitcoast for you this week. Sue (Bensarmom) sent me a PM about this awesome technique called Seamless Tiers and I have seen several cards on Splitcoast and the net that have used the same technique but called Triple Stamping...here are the deets:

1. Cut 3 layers of cardstock that are graduated sizes. My square layers are 4", 3", and 2". You can cut them any size or shape you want. Cut matting layers for each layer, too, in order to cover up the gap you will get on the bottom two layers.

2. Line them up, the smallest on top in the middle and work down. I have mine evenly spaced but you can get creative. It may help to lightly tape them together so they don't move.

3. Choose a stamp that will cover over all three layers or use several stamps...what ever works for you. Stamp over all the layers...wait a minute or so to divide the layers so you don't smear the ink.

4. Now, adhere the matting to the layers and adhere the layers together.

My card features Rubbernecker's Rose Silhouette stamp...it was stamped on the three layers of white cardstock and the layers were matted with black. The top layer was popped up with foam dots and the seam binding was the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by....have a wonderful day!!!!


16 comments:

Sasha said...

Wonderful stamp and stamping, Joan. I love the black and white combo with such great layering and a fabulous bow x

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is lovely and I just love the color combo you used. I have seen this type of card, but never really thought about making one, TFS so now I can go give this a try.....now to find a stamp....I am trying to see if I can avoid buying in 2012, it is a bit difficult. :)

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Joan! Beautiful image and I love the card and I am definitely going to have a go at this technique!

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card...love how you stamped the image...looks awesome.

Carole said...

That card is so stunning Joan. Thanks for sharing the technique:) Here's hoping your new horse calms down and gets better. It can break your heart when an animal is hurt. I saw that you are following my blog...thank you, and for the thoughtful comment. Be well

jimlynn said...

I've been seeing so many cards with this type of technique/design - and yours is one of the prettiest I've seen Joan! LOVE the back/white/and aqua and that bow is fabulous.
So pretty.
Lynn

Sue B said...

Oh this is beautiful Joan… I love the design and the way it is layered up… it looks so striking and gorgeous!! and the pretty ribbon finishes it off perfectly!
I hope your new horse goes on ok… hope her leg gets better very soon!
Have a good week!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Anne Temple said...

Love your card and you make it sound so easy. I'll have to try this technique soon.

Dawn Easton said...

OH! I love the look! It's so dramatic! Very pretty card, Joan!

Debbie said...

Very Pretty! Love that technique.

Susan (rainy) said...

Wow! Joan this is so elegant.. a truly beautiful card. Must try this technique!

dpkennedy said...

This looks amazing Joan! Great card!

Becky said...

This is stunning, and thanks for the tutorial, I was wondering how this was done.

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful job on your card recipe! Hope your mare is healed up soon! tfs hugs, Kimberly

Cheryl said...

Cool technique, and it turned out beautiful. Love that pretty bow, too.

Basslady said...

very fabulous and elegant!

i love the different layers!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo