Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Christmas in July

Hello everyone....hope you are enjoying your Friday!!! We have had a busy week but I can't think of anything we did that was very exciting.....weeding, cooking, cleaning, shopping, sleeping....I really need to get out of my rut...LOL!!!! Tomorrow my daughter, Holly, is coming over so we can play together in the craft room. I bought us each a butterfly shaped album and we are going to pool our embellies so we can decorate them. It will be fun to see what we both come up with!!! Anyway....



I was in a Christmas mood this week after our church craft sale last week...the theme was Christmas in July. Susan (Rainy) at Rainy Day Creations has started a monthly sketch challenge on her blog so I thought I would play along. I had some Santa stamped images left over from a set of cards I made for the craft sale and just couldn't let them go to waste. I also used my new favorite Christmas paper from Bo Bunny called Snowfall ...I loooove the blue and brown together!!! I even found some Prism paper to match...Mystic Light and Mystic Medium. Sewing, pearls, silk ribbon and a little coloring on Santa finish it off.

This is also for the PaperPlay Challenge which is Christmas is July, Crafts and Me Challenge to use ribbon and a bow, and The Die-Cuttin Divias Challenge which is Christmas in July.



I had some scraps of this luscious Bo Bunny paper left over so I made a couple more Christmas cards


Now I have three Christmas cards in my stash...Whoohoo!!!


Thanks for stopping by this morning....I'm off to the shower and then to the craft room to clean it up a bit before tomorrow...have a great day!!!!

14 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Joan!! These are fabulous!! The papers are so gorgeous. Thanks for playing along in my sketch challenge. You will have so much fun with Holly!

Linda Palmer said...

I love the paper. I have to have some to add to my stash. I love all three cards you made. They are all beautiful but the first s my favorite. Fantastic sketch and design.

Sasha said...

Fabulous Christmas cards, Joan. They have a lovely vintage feel to them...love the colours you used and how you coloured your images.
Have a great crafty weekend with your daughter x

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are fabulous Joan,I love the Santa image and the colours are wonderful.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Beautiful image Joan. I love each one of your cards but the first one is my favorite. Love the beautiful papers and how you embellished each one.

Kathy and Lucky said...

What great vintage cards, perfect image of the vintage Santa. Sounds like you have a great weekend after weeding.

VanessaB said...

wow! what gorgeous christmas cards. i just love the colors and all three designs. i think the 2nd one is my fave. :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh wow Joan! What a WONDERFUL image!!! Love the vintage feel! Hope you and Holly had an enjoyable day crafting!!! Would love to join you sometime! :)

Karen said...

Oh Joan, this is gorgeous!! Love the colors and the vintage look! : )

Sue B said...

Ooh I do like these Joan!! Love the first one with the vintage image and gorgeous colours.. it's a beautiful design with the ribbon at the top and the pearls along the bottom… and the other two are gorgeous too.. love those Bo Bunny papers!!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Unknown said...

this is stunning! i love everything about this elegant beauty!

Becky said...

These are gorgeous Joan, I love the Santa.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is just gorgeous- the papers are fabulous! Love the Santa image too. I am so jealous you get to create with Holly..whenever. My mom lives 6 hours away : (

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous cards! Love that color combo and that image is so sweet. Great coloring too, as always.