Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

*The Man*


Good morning everyone!!! I hope you had a great week.....we spent part of the 4th with my parents. We had a little BBQ, thanks to George, and watched a movie....nothing too exciting. Since I had to work Tuesday and Thursday we just stayed around home and chilled!! Today I have got to dig into my house....I haven't cleaned since before the Grands were here so you know I have my work cut out for me...LOL!!!! I also have to weed the flower gardens and cook my hubby a good meal....ai yi yi....what's a girl to do!! I guess I'll just stamp all day and hope the Fairy Godmother makes an appearance ...LOL!!!! Anyway....

A few weeks ago I was asked to join a group of stampers to make birthday cards for Shirley  (wannabcre8tive)She loves the cowboy in the retired Stampin Up! set called Wild, Wild West so we all made her *The Man* cards. A friend sent me several stamped images of *The Man* so I had one to color up for her. He is quite the dude, for sure!!! *The Man* was already stamped on a piece of dp so I colored him with Copics and did a little distressing around the edges. The horse stamp from an Inkadinkado set was stamped on the background paper and sewing was done around the edges. Twine and the horse shoe charm finish it off. 
Hope you had a fabulous birthday, Shirley, and I'm sure you will enjoy having lots of *The Man* cards around to drool over...LOL!!!!!


Thanks for stopping by....Have a great day!!!!







21 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, I can see why she likes The Man...seems like a looker to me! *sigh*

Basslady said...

this is incredibly cool!

wonderful card, with a fantastic image!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Dawn Easton said...

What a fabulous image Joan!!!! Would fit in perfectly right now in Calgary with our annual Stampede going on!

Tammy said...

He is a gorgeous hunk too! Love your card and I especially like the horseshoe charm! If the Fairy Godmother shows up at your house, please remind her she is way over due at mine!

Sasha said...

Such a wonderful image, Joan. I love your background stamping, distressing and fab horseshoe charm x

Annette Allen said...

now that is one cool manly card...i love it..

Kathy and Lucky said...

I say wait for the Fairy Cleaning Lady to come and clean. I am looking at my bathrooms :( Your card is wonderful, love the image and having it stamped on the DP and all the rustic feel this card has. Have a great weekend.

Karen said...

Wow! This is great! : )

jimlynn said...

Joan, I'm in LOVE!! Fabulous image and a sensational card! Now I'm going to have to look and see if I can find that stamp set for sale somewhere.
If the Fairy Godmother visits you, send her here next!
Have a great weekend.
Lynn

Julia Aston said...

what a fun cowboy card Joan! Your background looks like real leather! Hope you got a little bit of your cleaning/weeding/cooking done so you don't feel TOO guilty!! I know I have just about even flowers/weeds in my gardens right now - I'm off next week from work and hope to tackle them then!!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card Joan, I love the image and am sad to see it is a retired stamp, I like the background and the horse shoe charm.
Kevin xx

Linda Palmer said...

You did a fantastic job on this card. I love "the man" image. Great papers, and great design. I love it!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh Joan!...this is awesome, girl! Love EVERYTHING about it...too cool!

Ellen Taylor said...

What a fabulous card Joan! You rocked this!! I looked everywhere for that stamp and could only find it on ebay for $179.00. Yup I left it on ebay. I will just have to admire all the creations made by others with that stamp. Sure love yours!

Becky said...

Awesome card Joan. Love this image and love the horse shoe charm, nice touch. :)

Anne Temple said...

What a fun idea. Love what you created with *The Man*! Love all the distressing and your design is fantastic.

Sue B said...

Wow! this is fab Joan! what a wonderful image! your colouring is beautiful and I love the papers and layout!!
Hope the housework went ok
Have a lovely weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Sandy said...

What a wonderful job you have done on this amazing card. I love it and YES -he is quite the stud eer Man!
Sandy

Susan (rainy) said...

How FABULOUS is this!! What a gorgeous card.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh it's the MAN! So great!!! She is going to love this

Barbara said...

This is truly a manly man's card! Truly amazing!