Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Color Throwdown #201



Good morning everyone!!! It's Wednesday again and time for another Color Throwdown Challenge!!

First I want to congratulate Marlena M. as the winner of my Color Throwdown 200th Anniversary Blog Candy....Whoohoo!!!!! She was lucky number 36, drawn by Random.org. I will get your goodies out to you this afternoon!!!

Now, on to this weeks challenge....It's the fabulous Wanda's turn to host the challenge this week and she has picked some beautiful colors to play with!!! Remember, you don't have to use the exact colors....come as close as you can using papers and colors that you have. 


My card features the martini glass and sentiment stamps from Rubbernecker and the Sweet Sunday Sketch #163. The martini glass was stamped three times...once on  So Saffron as the base, once on More Mustard for the base. and once on white for the drink layer. The drink was colored with copics and adhered to the base. Stickles was added to the glass rim and the glass was popped up with foam dots. My Favorite Things Die-namics were used for the scallop and the flower layers. A button and twine are the finishing touches.


Be sure to add CTD201 to the keywords when you upload your card to an online gallery so we can find your work!! 

Do you want to see some wonderful inspiration?? Here are the links to the Color Throwdown Designers..... check out what they created this week! 

Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy 
Lori Tecler - Inking a Loud
Lynn Put - The Queens Scene
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri

Joan Ervin - Stamping With a Passion - that's me! 
Judy Rozema - the FABULOUS July Guest designer - Joy in a Jar

Thanks for visiting....have a great week!!!  I can't wait to see what you create with these colors!!!


19 comments:

Sasha said...

Fabulos card, Joan. Love the play on words sentiment and your martini glass looks fab. Gorgeous rich colours, too x

Tammy said...

Absolutely delightful card Joan! Love the colors and the pretty flower!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun card, Joan! That sentiment is a hoot! Awesome details on your wonderful design.

I'm going to find time to play along today!

VanessaB said...

oh i love all those colors and your card is fabulous - although i don't drink martinis because 1 would have me hitting the floor (LOL), i love everything martini/drink inspired. ;) the glass turned out beautifully- SO FUN! :)

jimlynn said...

Pretty tasty looking if you ask me - both the drink and the card! VERY pretty and those colors are wonderful together. So cute and pretty.
Lynn

Denise Marzec said...

Ha!! Isn't that sentiment the truth!! :) Great card, Joan!

Judy Rozema said...

Such a fun card, Joan! I am not a martini drinker, but I surely love the look of this! :)

Anne Temple said...

I love it! Great design and color combo.

Linda Palmer said...

I love your card, love the color combo and love everything about this card. It is so beautiful and fun!

Becky said...

hahaha..Love the sentiment! Wonderful card.

Ellen Taylor said...

Love that sentiment!!!! Awesome card design girl! I'll take one of those martinis! Yum!

Susan (rainy) said...

How fun is this!! LOL

Dawn Easton said...

LOL I LOVE it! I don't drink but I'm always drawn to these sort of images and cards....hehe....cute!!! Fabulous and fun!!!

Sue B said...

LOL - Oh this is fab Joan!! what a wonderful Sentiment!! Love the image and the way you've added the stickles on the glass rim! Gorgeous paper and colours!
Hope you have a lovely day!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun!! I just love your use of the colors, your texture, the flower and design. Beautiful Joan!!
hugs,
Chris

Kathy and Lucky said...

Hysterical!!! Love this, of course I love martini's as well. What a fantastic card.

Wanda Cullen said...

LOL...that is just too funny! Love all the layers of the martini glass!

Lori said...

Too fun, Joan! Love the sparkle along the rim of the glass--it's the perfect accent!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your Martini glass- stamped mult times- and I LOVE the sentiment! Awesome!