Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Try a New Technique Challenge


The TLC challenge on Splitcoast today was to use The napkin technique. We were to adhere a napkin to a piece of freezer paper with a hot iron. After digging in my napkin box, the only decorative napkin I had was for a kid's birthday. That's what happens when you have 11 grandkids!! I didn't have any freezer paper so I tried using Saran Wrap, which was suggested by
Sue (Bensarmom) . The technique can be found on Wanda's blog . You will have to scroll down a little to find the cute ghost napkin card she made.
I separated the layers of the napkin, cut the top layer to size, cut a piece of Saran Wrap to size, and layered the two pieces over a piece of white cardstock cut to size. So, now I have the napkin on the top, Saran Wrap in the middle, and cs on the bottom. I layed a piece of computer paper over the layers and started pressing it with my hot iron. It worked pretty good but there were a couple of places that didn't stick so I kept pressing and wiggling the iron. Well, word to the wise, don't wiggle the iron too much because I tore the napkin in the upper right corner. Yikes!!!!! After kicking myself a few times, I cut off the corners, attached the napkin layer to the Kiwi Kiss card base and added the orange rhinestones.....no one knows about my blunder so don't tell!!! Stampin Up! ribbon, a Memory Keepers clip and scrap ribbons finish it off.
This card will go to my son, David, since his 32nd birthday is Nov. 23. ( I was only 10 when I had him...heeheehee!!!) I even have some matching napkins left for the party!!
Tomorrow is the day I start showing some sneak peeks for Clear Dollar Stamps.....wait till you see those adorable stamps....sooo cute and fun!!!
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

4 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Joan- this is SUPER CUTE! Love this!!! Great colors- so bright and cheery! TFS!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This turned out so cute! Great job!

fishlips said...

I saw this challenge too, and you did a perfect card, it's outstanding...Love your napkin choice...

Jerri Jimenez said...

Oh this is just so much fun, love it! Fabulous bright, vibrant, and cheery colors!