Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Double Dare Challenge for last Tuesday!!!!

Nothing like being a week late with a challenge!!!! Anne (jdmommy) was the hostess last week for the Double Dare challenge. Her challenge was to make something with an envelope. I struggled all week and finally remembered this cute little hot chocolate holder that we had made last year at one of my DD's stamp camps. Wouldn't ya know I couldn't remember how to do it so my sweet daughter, Holly (hbrown) came over yesterday and refreshed my memory.

I sealed a 4 1/8" x 9 1/2" envelope, cut it in half, and crimped one of the halves. This is the pocket that you slip the hot chocolate into. Decorate the other half any way you want. Make sure the cut side is facing down so the crimped layer can be slipped into the top layer. I used the I Like It a Latte set, stamped the image with Chocolate Chip onto Pink Pirouette cs. The cup was paper pieced with the same Paper Studio dp I used on the background. The foam was stamped on white with the CC ink, covered with Dazzling Diamonds glitter, cutout and attached with a dimensional. The mint sticks were also stamped with CC, colored with a Regal Rose marker and attached under the foam with glue dots. The main image layer and the sentiment were attached with dimensionals. Now just slip the crimped layer into the cut side of the envelope and tadaa...a quick little gift for someone who likes cocoa!! You can also decorate the front with a Christmas image and use these for stocking stuffers.



















Be sure to crimp the envelope from the top to the bottom. That way the crimped pocket with the hot chocolate will fit into the other half...it kinda smushes it with style!!










Thanks for visiting...have a good night!!

6 comments:

Anne Harada said...

This is an awesome envelope Joan!! How cool, I've never seen this project before -- this is a great one to have in your special bag of quick gifts!

This blogging thing is hard on the zzzz's. So much out there, I'm completely overwhelmed by all that I've been missing!!

Chris said...

Hi Joan, how wonderful to find your blog which is great! I love your envelope project and the tutorial that goes along with it. It's so lovely to see how something is done in detail. Hugs, Chris

Jerri Jimenez said...

This is so adorable Joan, I love the papers you chose and the colors, your tag is perfect and that gorgeous bow just sets off the design.

Beverly said...

This is super! I have never seen anything like this. I think I may have to try it. It would make a perfect littly gifty for the teachers..
Great!
TFS!

Julia Aston said...

I love how you put a card on the top piece of the envelope! clever challenge card!!

Holly said...

So THAT'S where my cocoa stamp set went..... LOL Love your design on your cocoa envelope - gorgeous!!