Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Images from Melanie Muenchinger




A week ago or so Melanie Muenchinger, Illustrator and Senior Design Team Member for Gina K. Designs, sent me some stamped images from her new stamp set, A Year of Flowers. The flower images are sooo gorgeous and wonderful to color!! I used Twinkling H2O's......really wanted to add a little sparkle but was afraid it would hide the the intensity of the color. The designer paper is from Webster's Pages called Your Life. Beautiful. I wanted a shabby chic vintage look so I sewed around the dp and distressed the paper and added the ribbon. I still have some images left so I will make another card when I return from San Antonio. Tursday I am going to the San Antonio Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo with Sherry Cheever (BadSherry), Bev Gerard (TexasGrammy), and the crew from Rubbernecker Stamps to work in their booth at the Expo. I am sooo excited.....y'all need to come to San Antonio so we can meet in person!!!





Melanie also sent this darling card...how cute is this!!!!!! I just love the little sewing machine and all the buttons...the faux stitching is wonderful, too, and I love how she did the sentiment!! Thanks sooo much, Melanie....it will go in a place of honor on my desk!!!



Now didn't I tell ya I would have something special today...I am a woman of my word (well, most of the time, anyway!!) Thanks for
visiting and I will have an update on the craft room project later today!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE what you've done with Melanie's flowers and the Twinkling H2Os. Gorgeous!

Melanie said...

i just can't get over how gorgeous this is!!!

(your card, not mine, hee hee!)

Jerri Jimenez said...

OH MY WORD, that floral card is simply stunning, literally knocked me off my chair! Just so incredibly beautiful Joan!

Donna Baker said...

wow, your card is a work of heART!!

Betty Wright said...

Joan, this card is just gorgeous!!!!! All of your layers of flowers and rich coloring are just stunning!!!!! So wish I could go to Texas to meet you and the girls!!!! Have FUN!!!!!!

Chrissy D said...

Both of these are gorgeous!!!! WOOOOWEEEEE! Love them both!