Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

TLC571 - Naked Stamping


Hello everyone...it's my turn to host this week's Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast and I have a fun one for you (I think I say that every time but it really is easy!!)...we are going to do some Naked Stamping...no coloring...we will let the background showcase the color!! Here are the deets:

1. Pick out some line stamps that are open enough to let the background show through.
2. Create a colorful background using watercolors, reinkers, sponging, Twinkling H2O's, stenciling...what ever medium you feel most comfortable with.
3. Stamp your line stamps with a darker color so we can see the stamped image and the background you created will show through.
4. Remember, no coloring on the image because we want the background to show.

My card features a watercolored background...I used Pool Party and Pink Passion reinkers (SU) on watercolor paper. The watercolor paper was taped to my craft sheet on all 4 sides and after the watercolor was dried the tape was removed to reveal a white frame around the background.  Verve's Hearts on Fire stamps were stamped on the watercolored background with Black Archival ink from SU. The twine is the finishing touch. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can join us for this week's TLC challenge!!!




No comments: