Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

TLC567 Other than A Stamp



Hello everyone!!! I hope you are all rested after the busy holiday season....we went to Mackenzie's soccer tournament Jan 1st...they played 3 games in 40 degree weather (won 2 and lost 1)!! I was all bundled up in my sleeping bag thinking about all those 16 year old girls on the field in shorts and jerseys...yikes!!! I don't know how they do it!! We have a lot of games to go and Ryan's basketball games, too, so you know what we will be doing till March...LOL!! Anyway....

It's my turn to host the Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast and I have a messy one for you!! I challenge you to find something in your house...in the kitchen drawers, on the Christmas tree, on your husband's dresser, in the garage..to stamp with besides stamps!!! The challenge is called Other Than A Stamp...you need to use something other than a stamp to create your design. 

Here are the deets:

1. Find something to stamp with ...for example:  jar lids, plastic flowers, foliage, keys, money, balls, cookie cutters, pencils, etc.
2. Use an ink pad or reinkers on a plastic sheet...ink up the object and stamp it, roll it, or rub it on the paper.
3. You can create a background or diecut the finished paper...what ever fits your design.
4. You are good as long as something on your card has been stamped with something other than a stamp. 
5. I can't wait to see what you used!!!

I used a tiny piece of my Christmas tree to create my background. It was dipped in watered down Bermuda Bay ink and pressed on the white cardstock.  The wreath and flower dies are from Reverse Confetti and the sentiment die is from WPlus9. The flowers were cut out of a scrap piece of watercolored paper that I inked for a previous project...that's why I never throw anything away cause you never know when you will need it!!!

Thanks for stopping by...come back tomorrow for a week of Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks and the January release on Thursday!!!!

I just had to add a few pictures of Mackenzie's Alumni game last week...the varsity girls lost to the alumni girls but the younger girls gave the older girls, many of them are on college teams, a run for their money!!!!









No comments: