Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wild Week

Hello everyone!!! I have been absent from blogland for a few days....we have had such a wild week!!! First I want to share with you a card I made with my new Rubbernecker Rubbah!!! I LOVE silhouettes and the Rubbernecker store is packed full of some new Floral and Weed silhouette images along with a new background stamp called Victorian Damask and a whole bunch of Fashion Lady images. The card above features one of the new Floral images and the Victorian Damask background. I made this card last Saturday for the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast. Stef picked a wonderful Millinery store with the most fantastic hats!!! I chose the beautiful veiled hat with the red bow from the Autumn/Winter 09/10 collection for my inspiration. Both the flower image and the background were stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with clear ep. The silk May Arts ribbon and red jewels finish it off.
Recipe:
Stamps: Rubbernecker Victorian Damask Panel and Rubbernecker Floral #496-06
Paper: Vanilla, Black, Real Red
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Clear EP, Rhinestones, May Arts Ribbon, Nestabilities, Spellbinders Scalloped Border, Dimensionals
Now I want to share with you all the fun things we did this weekend!! My Sweet little Mother had her 90th birthday party Saturday afternoon at our church.
This is a picture of my parents and my little sister, Kathy, who came from Iowa with her husband, Scott, and her two boys, Michael and Jeff, to help us celebrate!
My dear parents, Betty and Duane, have been married for 65 years!!! Aren't they a beautiful couple!!!

The oldest in our family and the youngest....Grandma Great and her Great Grand Jacob who is almost 5 months old.

Grandma and her grandsons, back row: Jeff (my sister's son), Steve (my son), Brian (my son), Michael (my sister's son), and David (my son) is in front. Jeff just graduated from Iowa State and accepted a job on the day of the party...Whoohoo!!! My sister is thrilled!!!


This is a picture of all the great grands (and my grandchildren)....back row: CJ 14, Autumn 11, Mackenzie 10, Matthew 8, Ryan 9, Cole 6, Jacob 5 months
front: Cody 7, Gabe 3, and Caitlyn 2

We also had an Easter egg hunt at the church Saturday afternoon. Cody, Mackenzie, Autumn, and Cole all had a great time!!!
The boys were all over the place....it didn't take long to fill the Easter Baskets!!

Cody was looking for a sticker inside the egg...the sticker was good for a prize but he didn't have any luck. Oh well, he got lots of goodies anyway!!

We all went over to Steve's on Sunday for a BBQ and another Easter egg hunt....that old Easter Bunny was mighty pooped by Sunday night!!!!
Anyway...thanks for visiting and putting up with this old grandma's pictures!!! I hope you had a great Easter weekend, too!!!




22 comments:

Tricia T said...

Your card is beautiful, Joan! And your mother looks fantastic for being 90. What an accomplishment! She looks sweet. I love her smile. :-)

Julia Aston said...

I love, love your beautiful silhouette card! the B&W with the red are just great!

and what a SWEET little mother you have Joan!!! I love her face! How lucky you are to have her! (and she you!) thanks for sharing all the pics of your beautiful family too!! what a blessing!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh roomie! Thanks for sharing these lovely family photos. How wonderful to celebrate your mom's 90th birthday. Hugs to you and your family!

Lisa Lara said...

These are such great pics Joan. Thanks for sharing. I cannot believe your mom is 90. She looks so young. YOu tell her that!!! Your card is so elegant and stunning.

Jodi said...

First, your card is just beautiful! I love vintage and damask images! Well, your mother does not even look like she is 90 years!! Great genes you all have!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love your image and wonderful detailing... Gorgeous colors too.

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful photos of your mother's birthday celebration. It's is so nice that the family was all able to gather together for such a special day.

Fern said...

Wow Joan, Now I see why I've missed you!!! First of all, what a gorgeous card!! I love the colors and I'm going to have to check out the new stamps.. The ones you used are beautiful!!!!
And your photos of the family are priceless!! How wonderful that you got to celebrate your Mother's 90th B-day!! And that both of your parents are in such good health!! Truly a blessing!!! Wonderful photos of the grandkids, too... Looks like a lot of fun goin' on here!!! Great scrap booking material!!! lol
And I'm not going anywhere, I'm still hear and I'm still going to visit regularly!!! You're not going to get rid of me that easily, gf!! Have a wonderful week!!!
BTW I hope Holly and her DH are feeling better!!! Hugs!!!!

Crystal said...

AWWWWW this is soooo beautful Joan I LOVE red black and black!!! Gorgeous card!

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous card Joan!!!

oh you are so blessed lady!!! It's wonderful to have both your parents yet!!!
Looks like a fun time, beautiful family Joan!!!
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I loved the family pictures. I know Holly was SO disappointed to not be there due to being sick! It looks like you had a FABULOUS Easter and party for your mom. Your card is GORGEOUS!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a wonderful family....I could see the love.....you are all very lucky.....

oh...the card was fab too

merniebug said...

To share your wonderful family with the rest of us is such a treat. I love your pictures. Thank you so much. Neither myself nor my hubby have much in the way of family left. Holidays we are pretty much alone. I envy you all those grand children. Keep em' close. Hugs Mel

Dawn Easton said...

Happy birthday to your Mom! She looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing the pictures my friend! Makes me miss my family so much! Wish they were closer!

Your card is beautiful! I'm going to CASE it! I struggle with silhouettes...lol

Have a wonderful day!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Hi Joan! What a wonderful celebration your family has had! Happy birthday to your sweet Mum, both her and your Dad look so very happy and healthy. It's really sweet of you to share these great photos of your family. I am glad that the weather was treating us good last weekend ;)
I love your classic red/white/black card with the beautiful silhouette and that gorgeous ribbon!

Mary Marsh said...

such a pretty card joan-but even better is all the family photos-thanks for sharing-happy birthday to your Mom-she looks so spry for 90 and your parents being married 65 years is an incredible milestone

Jodi Collins said...

What great pictures Joan!!! Happy Birthday to your mom!!
Your card is GORGEOUS! LOVE that image and the bling!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Joan!! Your pictures are beautiful! God bless your Mom on her 90th birthday!! Thanks for sharing your pictures of the family. They were a joy to look at.
hugs,
Chris

Liz Williams said...

First, your card is absolutely gorgeous, and second, and most importantly, your mom doesn't even look 70!!! You lucky, girl, you have inherited some great genes!!!
What a happy weekend it must have been!!!Hope Holly gets better soon.

JulieA said...

Joan, I LOVE your pictures! Family is such a precious thing. I'm so glad that you had such a great opportunity to celebrate with them. Happy Birthday to your mom! You look quite a bit like her. :-)

Ok, on to the card. Gorgeous!!!! I love the black and white look. The border punch you used looks fabulous with that background!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Such a CLASSY looking card...and what a PERFECT bow!

Thanks for sharing all those wonderful family photos! You have a beautiful family. :)

Dawn B. said...

Your card is pretty and your family is beautiful.. Your parents are so sweet.. Awwww. Lots of happy years it looks like. Great pictures..:)

Riverahpdd said...

Ohhh I loved the family pictures. I know Holly was SO disappointed to not be there due to being sick! It looks like you had a FABULOUS Easter and party for your mom. Your card is GORGEOUS!