Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Paper Pieced Fairy Tot

Hello everyone....what a beautiful day we are having here in Central Texas!!! I didn't do any planting this morning but I did clean my dirty house!! I swear, doing housework is harder and more labor intensive that anything!!! Actually, the reason I cleaned is because we are going to have company over night...otherwise the dirt coulda waited another week or so...LOL!!! Anyway.... I made this card for the Sketch Challenge on Splitcoast today.
The adorable Woodware images from the Fairy Tots set were stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa, colored with copics, cutout, and attached to the background dp . Paper Piecing was added to the little boy fairy using Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love dp. The sentiment is from Woodware's Salutations set. An EK Success border punch was used for the scallop, glitter was added to the wings, and lace and a button with twine finish it off.
Recipe:
Stamps: Woodware's Fairy Tots and Salutations
Paper: White, Vanilla, Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown, Cosmo Cricket Earth Love
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Copics, Dimensionals, Ek Success Scallop Border Punch, Button, Twine, Lace, Oval Punch, Nestabilities, Glitter


Thanks for visiting and please come back soon!!!

10 comments:

Kimberly S said...

This is so very cute Joan! Wow, all of that paper piecing (I just love that Earth Love paper too!). Simply adorable, and seeing it just totally made me smile. :)

Crystal said...

Oh wow Joan these earth colors are fabulous, LOVE LOVE your paper piecing.....AWESOME!!!!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card joan-love your sweet image and the border punch is so perfect with everything on the card

-your comments about housework made me laugh-I feel the same-I would love a cleaning lady again-but hubby says i am retired now its up to me-oh well!!

Julia Aston said...

You're supposed to clean your house??!?!! LOL Ooops!!

I just love this adorable little guy and his mushroom - the papers are wonderful on this as well as that nice lace ribbon!!

we hit 70 today way up north here - but it was a little bit cloudy so didn't feel that warm but everything is blooming!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Adorable little guy with his sparkly wings and oh so cute outfit! Love the layered borders and the organic-y feel lace. Happy, happy! Looks like he has caught a caterpillar from your garden ;)

Lisa Lara said...

How cute is this paper pieced cutie! What a card Joan. Wow. You inspire me.

Dawn Easton said...

Girl, I love all that paper piecing! So cool! I love these Woodware stamps too!! So glad you pointed them out to me at CHA! hehe! You enabler you!! I have a set uninked that I NEED to use today! Yep! Thanks for the inspiration!

Stacy Morgan said...

Joan this is so sweet. Great paper piecing too.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweet, whimsical scene...and some awesome paper piecing

Denise Marzec said...

Goodness, that's ADORABLE! Love the gathered up lace.