Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

TLC541 Recycle That Card


Hello everyone!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!!! We didn't do anything exciting.....did some weeding, bought groceries, and ate leftovers. The only exciting thing that happened was my poor dog barking at all the fireworks...LOL!! WE did go see the new Terminator movie....I was a little disappointed that they made John Carter a bad guy but old Arnold did make me laugh so that was a plus!!! 

I just finished watching the Women's World Cup Soccer game and the USA Won the Cup...WOOT!!! They beat Japan 5-2...it was such a good game!!!! Anyway....

It's my turn to host this weeks Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast and I have a fun one for you....it's called Recycle that Card!! How many times have you received a beautiful store bought card and saved it because it was too pretty to throw away?? Well, dig out those cards and create something new with one or more of the recycled cards!!


I recycled a birthday card I received a few months ago....the beautiful popped up basket of flowers was removed along with a piece of the background paper to create the fishtail banner. Sewing was done around the sides of the background paper, across the top of the banner, and a Savvy script die was used for the sentiment. It was cut out of Eggplant Envy cardstock (retired SU) and the enamel dots finish it off. 

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day and I hope you can join us for the TLC Challenge!!!



3 comments:

Patti J said...

How about those USA girls? Woot woot! Beautiful card, Joan!

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Joan… love how you've recycled your card to make this… the flower basket is very pretty on the fishtail banner! :-)
Hope you have a great week!
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Karren said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you've recycled the card - perfect backdrop for such a pretty image.