Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Creative Belli Challenge #127

Hello everyone and welcome to another Creative Belli Challenge!!! The challenge this two weeks is to use paper piecing.  Remember, the spirit of the Belli challenges is to encourage you to use your OLD and FORGOTTEN embellishments!
For my card today, I used the Rubbernecker Fashion Lady Jeanne #494-07 stamp....it was paper pieced with papers from My Minds Eye Lost and Found paper and Soft Sky was sponged on the edges while the image was still in the Nestabilities die. The skin was colored with copics, sewing was done around the background edges, a doily was added to the lower half and lace was added to the side of the image. The sentiment was from Rubbernecker's Fashion Icon's set #456  and  the seam binding, button, and twine finish it off.

Recipe: Stamps: Rubbernecker
Paper: White, Soft sky, My Minds Eye Lost and Found dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Sky
Accessories: Nestabilies, Lace, Doily, Sewing Machine, Seam Binding, Twine, Button, SU Punch for sentiment


This is also for a few other challenges:
1. Die Cuttin Divas - vintage or shabby chic
2. Scrap Creations - it's a girl thing
3. Hooked on Crafts Challenge - ribbon and lace
4. Kaboodle Doodles Challenge - use a doily
5. Addicted to Stamps - stitching

Be sure to stop by the Creative Belli Blog to see what the other Belli Girls made for you today....you will find lots of awesome inspiration!!! If you upload a card to Splitcoast, PCP, Stamp TV or another online gallery be sure to add CBC127 in the keywords section.


Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!!!!!

32 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful Joan! Love the paper piecing. I love the ribbon, button and lace you're incorporated into the card. Reminds me of the patterns from way back when!

Karen W said...

I love those stamps and your card is gorgeous, wonderful take on the challenge!!!

jimlynn said...

Everything about this is absolutely STUNNING! LOVE it.
Lynn

Robin Parker said...

Joan, this is so cool. Love the dress, the lace and ribbon. Nicely done!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Joan!!!
fabulous paper piecing...kinda wish ladies still dressed like this! :)
hugs & blessings

Sasha said...

Beautiful paper pieced card, Joan...very 1950's. Love those papers and sweet feminine touches:)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome card- love your image- and the colors you used- and the accents....LOL- Love it all!

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card. I love your paper piecing. Looks fabulous and love the button added to the bow. The lace just sets it all off and makes it a beauty.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Joan!! I love the lace!! :)

Barbara said...

Fantastic! Love the colors and the image! I remember my mom wearing fashions like this! I have so many of these Rubbernecker fashion stamps collecting dust --- now you've inspired me again!

XxJULESxX said...

gorgeous and very classy Joan!

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Like your card sentiment, I'd say your card looks simply fabulous in green and tangerine!

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Christa said...

Hi Joan , very beautiful card and stitching ! Thanks for joining us at ATS. Christa.

Carole of Brum said...

oooh Joan, what a wonderful image! Soooo retro and chic, I absolutely love it. And you used such great colours for a retro look too, but then you do have a good eye for colour choices. BTW, this fits for the Buttons challenge at Dream Valley if you want to add another one to your list. thanks for your lovely comment today, I do love to see your name and piccie in my comments list. CoB

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful card joan-love the paper piecing on your fashion lady-I love how you added the lace to the side-hoping I can play along when I return from San francisco

Rae said...

Joan, this card is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! It reminds me of an old Vogue pattern. I love this image, and you colored it beautifully!

Unknown said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!

Becky said...

This is so chic, Joan. Wonderful job on the paper piecing.

Kelly said...

Joan you have made such a beautiful card. That lovely lady looks so classy! Love your design.
Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft Challenges! Kelly

Kathy and Lucky said...

Oh my goodness, love, love this card. What a great image and the paper you used for paper piecing is amazing. Love it.

Holly said...

*thud* This is absolutely GORGEOUS! The seam binding, the lace, the doily, the gorgeous papers, and that classy lady.... wow! Awesome job, Mom!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Joan!! What a fun vintage image and the paper piecing, colors, and design with the lace is perfect.

hugs,
Chris

Jacquel said...

What a beautiful card Joan & I LOVE the colors you used! Nice layout too....excellent work as always my friend & TFS!!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Gorgeous colors, great piecing. I love the doily!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Love what you've done with this card. I just love all of it.

Bev J. said...

Lady Jeanne looks very chic! Like the image-neat card.

Unknown said...

Absolutely LOVE this! ! ! So very classy. I've been MIA, but checking out your lovely cards.

Marlies said...

Wauw what a gorgeous card! I love the colours and the image and beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, hugs, Marlies

Crystal said...

She is absolutely FABULOUS Joan, love your paper piecing and that GORGEOUS bow!

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for joining us at Hookedoncraft for our Ribbon and Lace challenge. Fabulous card!

mudmaven said...

Joan this is just stunning. I love your ribbon treatment! Thanks for joining us for our Pretty Doily challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

Dawn Easton said...

So pretty! Love all that lace and that gorgeous colour of seam binding!