Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentines Galore!!

Good Friday morning everyone!! OMG...where did this week go??? I still don't have my Christmas stuff put away......Mom and I kept our Christmas decorations up for my Sister's visit. Maybe I will have it finished this weekend.....or at least in time to get the Easter decorations up...LOL!! Anyway....instead of working on my house I played in the craft room. The Valentine above was made with Echo Park Be Mine dp and stickers....I just love those papers!!! The birdcage sticker was adhered to a scrap of Basic Gray cardstock and cutout leaving some of the cardstock showing for a mat and to add a little stability. The ribbon, button, and floss are the only embellishments.
This Valentine showcases die cuts from Doodlebug Designs...the sparkly silver metal sentiment is from Memory box and the heart sticker is from K&Co. The bottom edge was punched with an EK success scalloped punch.
Both cards are pretty simple yet look very detailed and best of all they were super fun to make!!!
Thanks for visiting during my Valentine week.....I'll have more this weekend and then I should be all set for my children and the Grands. I still have several friends to make cards for so I guess I'll be making them all month...yikes!! I'll be mighty sick of red and pink by then...LOL!!!!

15 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great vintage type card. Love the ribbon and button, neat color.

Tammy said...

Love these Valentines! Wouldn't it be great if we could flip a switch when it comes to household responsibilities.

Jerri Jimenez said...

Wowzers girl! Coming to your blog always feeds my creative spirit! Absolutely stunning!

Melissa S. said...

All your Valentines are wonderful. I can't decide which I like best. Well okay the Box for your Mom is pretty spectacular and I might attempt one . Love the flourish, flower and all the lace and pearls. All the projects are great.

Cassie said...

Goodness, Joan, you've been a busy bee with all of those valentines! They are all so fantastic and unique. . .I love 'em. Have a great weekend :D

Linda Palmer said...

I'll be making Valentines all month too. Love the ones you've posted. You've given me lots of ideas.

Lisa Foster said...

I love all of your Valentines! The one you did today totally blows my doors off!!! Gorgeous!
Hugs,
Lisa

Carole of Brum said...

I don't make Valentine cards (well, I've just made one but it's a one-off) but I'm really enjoying yours. Your first card doesn't look simple, the papers and images give it a really full look which I love, great papers and images. And your second card is so fun and bright, 2 great styles. I bet it takes you longer to take your decorations down than it did to put them up, lol. CoB

Anonymous said...

More yummy Valentine candy to feast my eyes on!! What's NOT to love here?!! So beautiful!! Enjoy the weekend my friend!!HUGS

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Super fabulous Joan!! Your first card is so rich and elegant, and your second so charming and fun! Love all the wonderful details on both!!

Jodi Collins said...

These are GORGEOUS Joan! I love them both but that first card is a showstopper!!

Rae said...

Hi Joan,
I just love all the valentines you have been creating. I really only need to make one for my son! :) But your dedication to your craft room has inspired me to get busy in mine! You aren't the only one who hasn't finished putting away Christmas items! Luckily we have a 3 day weekend this weekend! lol

Julia Aston said...

So pretty Joan! You're really getting me in the Valentine mood with all of your lovely creations! My tree is still up too - it's so pretty I hate to take it down!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic Valentine's my friend!!! LOL @ not having your Christmas stuff put away. My outdoor decorations are going to be there until MAY when the snow has all finally melted....rofl!