Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Our Craft Lounge Sketch Challenge

Good morning stampers!!! Hope all is well with you and yours!! Yesterday my church had a reception for the teachers at our adopted grade school....can you believe school starts next week??? Where has the summer gone?? The school has a closet full of extra school supplies and clothes for the students and we keep it full by having a school supplies drive plus we give extra cash for the unexpected. I'm looking forward to seeing all the kids again....I volunteer at the school in the reading program. I could never be a teacher in a classroom with 20+ kids ( my hat's off to all the wonderful teachers who love to teach!!!) all day but helping 2-3 kiddos with their reading is a real joy !!! Anyway....

I just ordered some Our Craft Lounge Stamps and decided to make a card for their challenge...they are having a blog hop and sketch challenge so check it out here.

I used the fun Ghostly Greetings set....aren't the little ghosts adorable!!! The images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored a little with copics, cutout and popped up over the cute My Minds Eye Boo to You paper. The background paper is from Making Memories Spook Alley. The little puffy bats from Michael's and the sentiment finish it off.


This is also for the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast. I found my inspiration in the sweet little gostly onsie on the Pink Taffy Designs website.


Thanks for visiting this morning....I hope you have a great weekend!!!!


15 comments:

debbie said...

your card is adorable and so are those ghosts! They remind me of casper the friendly ghost :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Truly an adorable card Joan, love the CAS space with that sentiment and the little ghosts sure are sweet! Love your mix of papers. Not too spooky :)
Stay cool and hydrated :)

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this delightful card, Joan!! Fun, fresh colors and sensational layout for this Halloween design!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

a very creative layout....great Halloween card

Denise Marzec said...

Oh man, I've missed so much while I was on vacation. I LOOOOOOOVE this card, Joan!!....the cute little bats, the fun papers, and the dimensional ghosts! This is one of my FAVORITE OCL sets!

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card Joan. Love the halloween colors and the little ghosts are darling. Great set of stamps too.

Bev J. said...

Those are cute little Ghosties-reminds me of Casper!

Our school started last week and my middle school teacher daughter has one week behind her now. She is always ready for school to start and then looks forward to the off days! Grin

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How cute is this duo Joan!! Love the sketch and papers too!! What a darling card!

Dawn Easton said...

Joan, your Halloween card rocks! Love those ghosts!! ha!

That's one thing I've really missed about going back to work, volunteering at the school. Helping little ones to read is such a joy, especially when they "get it" finally. To see their faces light up when they are able to sound out a word on their own! Enjoy your time at the school!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute, Joan! Love the colors and the little ghosties are just adorable.

Julia Aston said...

What a fun Halloween card Joan! love the ghosts and your fun papers - what a great project for your church to do with the schools!

Dori Shelton said...

Great card! I really like the white base for the Halloween themed card. It's very unique!

Stacy Morgan said...

Hee hee Now that sentiment is to fun, festive card Joan.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Awesome clean, crisp design. All that white really makes your design pop. Beautifully done. I just love this!!!

Joy said...

Joan, this is toooooo cute! Love it!