Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mercy's Sketch and the Ways to Use it Challenge


Hello everyone...wouldn't ya know I get my cards finished and start to upload to Splitcoast and the site goes down...what's up with that????? I guess I took too long looking for my stick pins....LOL!!! That's what the WT challenge was this morning and I knew I had some but where to find them!!! I used Mercy's Tuesday Challenge #72 for the layout....she always has the best sketches!!! The sweet cherry image from Taylored Expressions Berries and Cherries set was colored with copics and a beauty mark was added with a white gel pen. The paper and chipboard stickers are from Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird Collection and the stick pin, old button, twine, ribbon, and lace finish it off.
Recipe: Stamps: Taylored Expressions Berries and Cherries
Paper: White, Vanilla, Real Red, Cosmo Cricket Early Bird
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, So Saffron for sponging around cherries
Accessories: Cosmo Cricket Early Bird Chipboard, Old Button, Twine, Stick Pin, Lace, Ribbon, Dimensionals

Aren't these little girls adorable...the image is called Sisters 002 from Rubbernecker Stamps
The image was stamped with Chocolate Chip onto vanilla paper and the dp is from K&Co. I added lots of vintagy stuff like the ribbon rose, lace rose, sheer ribbon, old button with twine, pearl flourish, Martha Stewart Punched leaves, and the stick pin with pearls and crystals.
Recipe: Stamps Rubbernecker Sisters 002
Paper: Prism Crabapple Light, Forrest Green, Vanilla, K&Co dp
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Pearl Flourish, Ribbon, Ribbon Rose, Old Button, Twine, Lace Rose, Stick Pin with Pearls and Crystals, Nestabilities, Sewing Machine, Martha Stewart Punch

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!!!

11 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Wonderful cards, GF, but I really had to laugh, because I spent a lot of time looking for my pins too. I know I'll find them when I least expect to. Does this mean we have TOO MUCH STUFF??????????? HeeHee.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

OK, since you and Anne obviously have too much stuff, you need to put it all to good use on the Belli Challenge! LOL!

Two gorgeous cards, my friend! Love them both!

Crystal said...

Oh my word Joan these are fabulous, I LOVE that cosmo paper on the first one and how you rocked it, and your second creation is just soooo beautiful!!!! AWESOME work as always....... always love your stuff sweetie!

Tricia T said...

Beautiful cards, Joan. I just love the pretty ribbon flower on the second one!!

Dawn B. said...

What IS up with SCS.. I hope they get it fixed before the DD next week. I can't get my cards uploaded. I LOVE these cards Joan.. I wish I had seen this challenge I have a load of stick pins. Don't ya hate it when you can't find it but you know it's there. Your second card is beautiful. I love the K & Co..

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are terrific, Joan! I love the cherries and dp on the first one and the rose, the vintage pic and all the touches make the second one really special.

Mary Marsh said...

these are great cards joan-my fave is the mercy sketch card-love how you used the flower in place of the swirl-so pretty

Fern said...

Hi Joan! Your cards are beautiful!!! Love the paper and the ribbon on the first one.. The cherries look sooo real!! And I luv the image on the second one and I love all of the vintage embellies!!!
Hey, gf... I have something for you over on my blog, when you get time please come by and pick it up!!!
Hugs!!!!

Alex said...

This is gorgeous Joan! I love your yummy-looking cherries! Absolutely Wonderful!! :)

Rose Ann said...

I love your cherries, pretty papers, and wonderful embellishments on your first card, and your vintage card is just precious!! Love your flower, and pretty ribbons!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

the first is a cheery, cherry card....deeelish

the second is pure vintage glamour