Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Stamp Camp Goodies, Inspiration Challenge Card, and Decorated Tin

Hello everyone....hope you are enjoying your weekend!! My DH went to Lake Fork in East Texas for a Bass Fishing Tournament yesterday so I am home alone...just me and my stamps!! Whoohoo!!!
I went to my DD Holly's stamp camp this morning and we did some awesome projects!! I love the top note candy wrapper...can't believe I haven't ripped it open to get at those chocolates!!! The red flower with ribbon is a book mark....too cool and I love the cards we made...thanks, Holly, for a fun morning!!




After I got home I went to work on my card for the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast...my friend Anne Harada was the hostess and she picked an awesome room from the Country Living Website as the inspiration.

I started with dp from CherryArte...layered it with White and Purely Pomegranate and used the Stampin Up! scalloped punch on the botton edges. The Stampin Up!chipboard branch was colored with a Chocolate Chip marker and attached with glue dots. The SU bird die was used to create the birds...I ran it through the Cuttlebug with Purely Pomegranate cs and the sentiment was from Clear Dollar Stamps Biggest Wishes set. Purely Pomegranate ribbon and tiny rhinestones from Taylored Expressions finished it off.






I just love these little birds...the wings are cut separately and attached with a glue dot. Ya know, when Purely Pomegranate first came out I wasn't too impressed but now that it's retired, I can't seem to live without it!!!


Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Biggest Wishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, White, Purely Ponegranate, CherryArte dp
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Chipboard, Ribbon, Rhinestones, Bird Die, SU Scallop Punch, Nestabilities







This is the tin I decorated for Thursday's Ways to Use it Challenge on Splitcoast. I used images from Clear Dollar Stamps Bold Bouquet set, stamped the flowers, cut them out, and attached them to the paper band with glue dots. The leaves were punched from scrap dp and the candy was wrapped with SU dp. The sentiment from CDS's Biggest Wishes set was stamped with Elegant Eggplant and cutout with the Blossom Nestabilities.
A button with twine bow and blue Candy Dots finish it off. This will go to my DGD Autumn for one of her birthday gifts...she will be 11 at the end of the month.

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Bold Bouquet and Biggest Wishes
Paper: White, Elegant Eggplant, SU dp
Ink: Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Candy Dots, Buttons, Purple twine, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch, Nestabilities Blossom, Tin, Candy

Thanks for coming by today...enjoy your day!!!


11 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Oh my goodness Joan! You've been a busy lady today...and all that stamping FUN! These projects are ALL fabulous including the one's from your DD's Stamp Camp! WOW!!! Enjoy the rest of you weekend! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Stacey Schafer said...

Congrats, Joan on being featured for SCS! I am WOWed by your work:)

Denise Marzec said...

These are GREAT, Joan! Love Love LOVE all those gorgeous cut out flowers. What an awesome project!

CONGRATS to you too! I saw on Silke's blog that you're the FS today! Weeeeee! Go orange buddy. I'm headed to your gallery now to pick something to CASE. :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Joan these are all wonderful. The little bee is darling on the stamp camp card and your tin is so pretty with the flowers.
Congrats on the FS. I am going to have to make time today to case you. :0) Whohooo... So fun!

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of really fab projects Joan!! How sweet and I saw your beautiful tin on SCS!! Love it!! :)

Julia Aston said...

Wow Joan - what fun stuff you made at stamp camp! I wish I was down there in TX and could go with you!!! love your IC card with the fun birds and great colors - and I already ordered one of those candy tins for my b'day on SCS!!! LOL!!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Wow! Everything is fabulous, Joan! You've been having a lot of fun and then today you're the Featured Stamper to boot! Congratulations, my friend!! You rock!

Dawn B. said...

You were busy here Joan. I am so glad you had a great stamping day. Congrats on being FS today. I am sure that kept you very busy...Hugs.

Rose Ann said...

I love all of the projects you did at your DD's stamp camp!! Your Inspiration card with those sweet birds, is so pretty as well!! Your tin is gorgeous with all of those beautiful flowers!!

Amazing projects, Joan!! I love them all!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Such FANTASTIC goodies to look at... :) I took a close up look at Holly's stamp camp projects... WOW'za! I like the Top Note candy wrapper too... More info on how to make or link? Such beautiful colors on your card and the tin is so YUMMY! Smiles Joan... Michelle :)

Rebecca Ednie said...

I have 2 spools of 1" satin pomegranate ribbon from the holiday catty last year, or was it two years ago... Anyway, if you are interested, email me. I am willing to sell or trade.