Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Featured Stamper Challenge and Taylor's Cupcake Challenge Anniversary



Hello everyone and happy Sunday!! What a lazy day I have had. My Mom has been suffering with a cold and I have been dragging from allergies so we didn't go to church today. My DH even fixed dinner....I think I'll keep that man another 50 years or so!!! I decided to participate in Taylor's Cupcake Challenge one year anniversary challenge to complete all 9 sketch challenges. I finished 2 today and combined them with the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast. Today we are honoring the wonderful Vicky Gould!! She has one fabulous gallery...sooo many beautiful cards to case!!!

I just had to case the Flower Girl card...such a sweet image and I love the springy colors. I changed the sketch and images but kept the little girl theme and the wonderful colors. The Sarah Kay image, a gift from Michelle Rodgers at Stamper's Dream...(thanks Michelle!!) was colored with copics.





The papers are all from my scrap box, the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, and ribbons and pearls finish it off. This is the first of the nine sketch challenges to celebrate Taylor Vanbruggen's blog anniversary and a year of cupcake challenges. You can find the sketch on Vicki Chrisman's blog.













I just had to case another card from Vicky's fabulous gallery. I decided to case the Welcome card and combine it with Monika Davis' sketch for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge anniversary. I changed the image, sentiment, and ribbons but kept the same basic layout and colors......can't believe I used Pacific Point and Groovy Guava....yikes!! The little cuppie from Taylored Expressions was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with copics. A gel pen was used for the highlights on the cheeks. All the layers were cutout with Nesties and glitter was added to the hearts for a little glam.







The Pacific Point dp was cut into a 4.5 x 9 inch piece. It was folded into a 4.5 inch square and then the top two scallops of the largest round scalloped Nestability were placed just off the edge of the fold so when the two pieces were cut out, they would still be connected by the two scallops. The ribbon was tied around the fold and the copper cording was run through the knot. The little heart was stamped with Groovy Guave, covered with glue from a glue pen, and dusted with glitter.

OK, 2 down, 7 to go!!!

Thanks for visiting today and have a great Sunday!!!

12 comments:

Broni said...

Both of these are wonderful, Joan! Lucky Vicky that you CASE'd 2 of her cards!! Your coloring is just amazing!

ChristineCreations said...

So sweet Joan. I love the orange and blue, and that little girl is so cute, it reminds me of my nieces!

Denise Marzec said...

I'm lovin' the colors (and the SWEET image...you know I love those) on the Sarah Kay card. Cute CUTE circle card. I just did that sketch today too. Fun!

Stacy Morgan said...

She is adorable Joan. Great coloring and the cupcake is too cute. Great cards, sounds like you had a relaxing day even ifyou didn't feel too well.

jacque4u2c said...

They are so stunning Joan. I wish I could make something so adorable when I am dragging. Just awesome!

Jami said...

These are both so adorable!!! I just love that cupcake!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

Oh you clever girl!! Love your casing and the cupcake card is just too cute!! :) TFS!!

Connie M. said...

Oh these are both just tooo adorable!! Love them both!

Christi Flores said...

Both of your cards are too cute!!!!!

Shirley said...

Both of these are just so sweet and cute too!

Danita said...

Joan, both of these cards are ADORABLE!!! I love the spring colors on the Flower Girl!!! And Pacific Point and Groovy Guave??? Wowowow, they look so cool together!!! That cupcake card to soooo cute!!! Wowowow, great job with both of these beauties!!!
I hope you and mom are both feeling better soon!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Joan, both cards are so sweet! Love the little girl image...she's adorable! CUTE cupcake card too! I still have to do that sketch!