Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Cole!!!






Whoohoo!!! Look who turned 5 today...my sweet little Grandson Cole (he calls me his sweet little old grandma)!!! We will celebrate his birthday tomorrow so grandma had to get on the ball and get the card done today!!


Since Cole loves cars (and transformers) the Clear Dollar Stamps set called Cruisin' Classic was just perfect.


Also, this is for the Limited Supply challenge on Splitcoast....I haven't done a daily challenge all week (GASP!!!). We were to make a non-holiday card . No holiday stamps, no snowflakes, no holiday sentiments, and no red, green, or any shade of them. Well, phooy....I should have read the criteria closer because I did add Certainly Celery. Oh, well, hope the challenge police don't haul me away!!!




The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with copics. Silver brads were added to the grill, piercing and brads from
Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts were added to the bottom, and the edge was cut to follow the curve of the Sonburn dp. The sentiment and the sign from the same set were also stamped with Memento Black. The sign was colored with a copic and the clip with the ribbon finishes it off.
I hope Cole likes this and maybe he won't notice the ribbon...heeheehee!!!
Have a great day and I hope you enjoy your weekend!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Cruisin' Classic (5651)
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, More Mustard, Sonburn dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, Brads, Punch for Sentiment, Clip, Ribbon, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Great card Joan! I love the wave and all the brads.

I did a double-take when I saw your post title - I have a Cole too! How fun. Hope he has a great birthday!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a precious young man Joan!! I'm sure he's just going to adore this charming card! I love your wavy border with the brads, and the Route 66 sign in the corner!! Have fun celebrating!!

Kim Meineke said...

What a great card. I love the colors. And what a handsome little man you have there! Hope is birthday is great.

Christi Flores said...

What a fun card and adorable grandson! Happy birthday to Cole!!!

Chrissy D said...

What a CUTIE and great card! Hope he has a FABULOUS birthday!

ChristineCreations said...

Joan what an awesome card! I love all the brads and the shape...he will love it! Our little guy is five too, and he sometimes says to my mom "oh my sweet little Grandma"...he's hysterical with her. He just adores her...and I'm sure your cutie adores you!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Dawn Easton said...

What a handsome little grandson you have Joan!! Your card is fantastic...love the row of brads along the bottom and the fun wave!

fishlips said...

Happy Birthday Cole.... How perfect this card is cole will treasure it always I'm sure!!!!!!

Anne Harada said...

Oh what a sweety pie your grandson is!! My daughters BD is Christmas eve, it's tough with those Christmas kids, you always want to make sure they get to celebrate their own special day separate from all the holiday hoopla. He must have loved that fun card and the special attention grandma gave him!!

Broni said...

I'm late, but "Happy Birthday" to that handsome young man, Cole!