Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #121

Hello everyone....we have had such a wild week around here!!! We have had Grandkids since last Saturday....1-4 at any given time...LOL!!! We have been swimming, to the movies, eating out, making home made pizzas (kinda messy but the kids had fun!!), and brutalizing the craft room!!!
I just have Autumn today and she is still in bed so Grandma got to play by herself...whoohoo!!!
I love Taylors sketch this week...I used Verve's new set called Blessings. The Irish Blessing was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on vanilla cs and the flourish was stamped with Soft Sky. I used papers from October Afternoons Farm Fresh, added a little sewing along the side, and the pearls, flowers and ribbon leaves finish it off.

Recipe:
Stamps: Verve Blessings
Paper: Vanilla, Soft Sky, October Afternoon Farm Fresh
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Soft Sky
Accessories: Primas, Ribbon, Pearls, Nestabilities, Sewing Machine, Foam Tape



I just love Taylor's cuppies...this adorable set is called Downtown Diva. The images were all stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored with copics, cutout, and attached with foam tape. A white gel pen was used to highlight the cheeks and the button with the ribbon is the only embellishment.
Recipe:
Stamps: TE's Downtown Diva
Paper: White, Real Red, Cosmo Cricket dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Button, Gingham Ribbon, White Gel Pen



Thanks sooo much for visiting today...now I'm off to do a little blog hopping!!! I have missed all my cyber friends this week!!!

16 comments:

Crystal said...

Joan these are fantastic, LOVE LOVE the colors on your first creation and the second one is just WAY TOOOOOO CUTE!

Cassie said...

Hey Joan! These are both so wonderful! I'm a big fan of the Downtown Diva set too, and I love how you incorporated so many of the stamps on the one card. . .wowza ;D

Kimberly S said...

Love them both Joan! the quote/Irish Blessing on the first is wonderful, and the colors are just perfect. The second card is so bright and fun! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

the first is so very elegant and classy....and the second is fun and happy.....wonderful work, as always

debbie said...

great cards, the first is so lovely! what a beautiful design!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Awesome cards Joan! I love the Verve sentiment and the papers/colour combo on this, one of my very favourites! The stitching and flourish are such beautiful elements!

Sharyn said...

So elegant and stunning - the first one is such a beautiful card. I like the fun feel to the second one.
Sharyn x

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Joan. Your first card is divine. Wow. Your second is so sweet and stinkin cute, love the colors.

LuAnn said...

GORGEOUS! wow!

Shawna said...

Gorgeous card Joan!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Love your first card for it's beauty, Joan! Your second card is so flippin' cute! I haven't inked up that set in forever!! LOL! Thanks for the inspiration!

joy said...

One of my favorite color combos is green and brown. This is a lovely card and I really like the way you have framed the sentiment.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is very pretty, love the colors you used!

Sylvia Blum said...

Wow.. beautiful cards you made! love them both but I think the first one is my favorite :)
Sylvia xx

Bernadette Bliss said...

My first time stopping by.Loving what I'm seeing! Wonderful cards.

Stampinsilvia said...

JOANN!!! this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors you used and that awesome sentiment! Great job!!