Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy July 4th!!!!

Good Sunday morning everyone.....and HAPPY JULY 4th!!! Our rain had finally stopped and the sun is shining this morning so maybe all the celebration parties won't be rained out!!! I stayed up late last night to make these cards for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast but waited till this morning to upload them....I'm getting toooo old to be burning the midnight oil!!! I got a new Papertrey Ink set called A Year of Flowers - Roses last week so I used it for both cards. Today's Featured Stamper is Charlene (cookiebaker)...her gallery is sooo awesome!!! I chose to case Charlene's CAS19 Love on Fifth Ave card. I kept the same design with a rose stamped in black and the piercing but changes the stamps and added the red ribbon and the Swarovski Crystal to the center of the rose. I stamped the images twice and popped them for a little dimension.
Recipe:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers - Roses
Paper: White, Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Ribbon, Swarovski Crystal

I loved Charlene's gallery so much that I just had to case another card!! I chose to case her CAS03, IC232 Thanks So Much card. I kept the same layout and punched felt butterfly but changed the stamps, punch for the border, papers and colors. I used the sentiment from the same PTI set and the first card and used PTI's Ocear Tides cardstock and ribbon. The designer paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Joy Rider collection.
Recipe:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Year of Flowers - Roses
Paper: Vanilla, Ocean Tides, Cosmo Cricket Joy Rider
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Martha Stewart Punchs, Felt , Silver Pearl, PTI Ribbon
Thanks for stopping by this morning...I have got to head to the shower...church starts in an hour. It's a good thing I only live about 5 blocks away!!! Have a great July 4th!!!

12 comments:

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful cards Joan! Love the layered effect. You crack me up....and I have to admit that as much of a night owl I am, some nights I feel positively ancient. :)

Broni said...

These are just gorgeous, Joan! Hope you had a great 4th!

debbie said...

love the beautiful rose card and like how the piercing really adds balance to the card. so striking!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful cards, Joan!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful 4th of July!

Julia Aston said...

Hey Joan! Happy 4th (a day late!) I love the CAS design of the lovely rose in the black and white - and the thanks card is so pretty with the punched edge and butterfly!

glad it cleared up for all your celebrations - it's been in the 80's here all weekend - perfect holiday celebration wweather!

Mary Marsh said...

love both these cards joan-great rose image on the 1st one and your 2nd card I really like the dp you used-hope you had a great 4th-glad to hear the rain stopped-

Corie said...

Both of these are beautiful. The first one is so elegant, and the second is so pretty -- TFS

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The big red satin bow is stunning and combined with the multiple rows of piercing makes a nice accent to your bold flower.

I like the layout and border punch of the green card.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Joan!! Love the first with the black and white and a touch of red. Love the teal and white too with the punched detail!

Denise Marzec said...

Love Love LOVE that classy black and white combo with the pop of red!...STUNNING!

The layout of the second card with the lattice punch is so feminine and pretty!

Love everything you do, orange buddy!! {{big hugs}}

Pat (mspfd) said...

Joan, Love the red, white and black and the fact that you not color the flowers... such a fresh look!

And your Ocean Tides card is elegant simplicity at it's best. I think Ocean Tides paper and ribbon are going to be added to my next PTI order!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very striking flower card... And pretty monochramtic card. The butterfly is perfect.