Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Dare To Get Dirty Challenge Days Two and Three

Hello everyone....I am going to share some cards I made in the last 3 days for the Dare to get Dirty challenges on Splitcoast. These challenges will go on all week and they are presented by the Dirty Girls and Alumni for the Fan Club Members. If you're not a Fan Club Member, this is the perfect time to become one! You can get all the info here on the Fan Club information page. We'd love to have you play with us this week! There are 33 challenges to choose from - play one or play them all.
I made this card for three DTGD challenges today:
DTGD10Rainy
DTGD10gbedwright
DTGD10peanutbee
The sweet little Penny Black stamp called Betsy Bluebell from Stampers Dream was colored with copics. The paper is from BG's Material Girl and the buttons and ribbon finish it off.
Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black's Betsy Bluebell
Paper: Vanilla, Black, PrismBlush Red Medium. Basic Grey's Material Girl dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, Nestabilities, Buttons, Ribbon, Foam Tape

I combined the DTGD10rsalamon challenge with the DTGD10justwritedesigns01 challenge. The roses from Melanie Muenchinger's Pressed Flowers set were stamped with Vivid Aqua and the leaves were stamped with Kiwi Kiss. Two of the the flowers and leaves were cutout and popped up with dimensionals. The sentiment from Gina K's Inside Out set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, cutout with a Nesties shape, and sponged with the Aqua ink while it was still in the die. The punched butterfly was added to finish it off.
Recipe:
Stamps: Pressed Flowers, Inside Out
Paper: White
Ink: Vivid Aqua, Kiwi Kiss, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Punch, Dimensionals

I made this card yesterday for the Featured stamper challenge....I was really excited to see Latisha (1busymomof2) as Featured Stamper in the spotlight...her gallery was such a delight with lots of gorgeous cards to case!!!! I chose her Best Wishes card for inspiration....I kept the same flower theme and white textured space but changed the flowers to Nina Brackett's Hugs and Prayers set, added the paper pieced butterfly, glitter, framed sentiment, and ribbon. This is also for all of these DTGD challenges:
DTGD10DeborahLynneS

Recipe:
Stamps: Hugs and Prayers
Paper: White, Real Red
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Real Red and Old Olive Markers, Wide Gingham Ribbon, Glitter, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folder

I made this super fun Retro card for two challenges: Bev's DTGD10Bevmom ( I just love the food channel) and Kim's DTGD10Blondie090277 . I used papers and stickers from the the cutest scrapbook kit I bought at my LSS called Mom's Diner *Cookbookin* by PJK Designs from San Antonio, Tx. I backed the stickers with black cardstock so they were a little stiffer and easer to work with.
Recipe:
Paper: Prism Frosted Teal, Black, Cookbookin dp from PJK Designs
Accessories: Ribbon, Dimensionals


Anne (Itsapassion) hosted the Inspiration Challenge on SCS Saturday and chose the coolest web store called "Georgie Love". It's a source for Australian artists in Victoria to promote and sell their works to the world. I found my inspiration from the Black & White Damask Pleated Wristlet purse simply because I already had the black and white paper sitting on my stamp table from another project. I just love it when a plan comes together!!! The flower silhouette and sentiment both from Rubbernecker was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black, embossed with clear ep, cutout with a Nesties shape, and attached with foam tape. The silk ribbon and prima finish it off.
Recipe:
Stamps: Rubbernecker Floral, Rubbernecker Party Time
Paper: White, Prism Intense Kiwi, GCD Studios dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Prima, Ribbon, Nestabilities

Whew!!! I think that's all today!! Be sure to check back tomorrow for the Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Customer Blog Hop....I just love me some cuppies!!!!! Have a great day!!!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW Joan soooo many gorgeous cards here to look at...You are soooo talented gf!!! Love them all!!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Joan, you are putting us to shame!! What an amazing array for sensational cards!!

My favorite is the Hot Treats!!! I love these vintage diner images!!

Tenia Nelson said...

I love all of your cards Joan...pure awesomeness!!!

Betty Wright said...

GASP! What a STUNNING SUITE of Creativity, Joan! Oh, dear! See some beauties with linksies, too! That Nina Brackett card and image are quite fabulous! Beautifully done! Hey..before I forget! Thanks so much for playing in my DTGD Challenge! Your card is so adorable! Beautiful cards all around, Joan! Wow!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the B/W/and green, but the RED really does it for me!! LOL! Bet you would never have guessed!!