Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sweet Thing

Happy Thursday everyone....it's just a little after midnight and I'm headed to bed. We are going to get up early before it's too hot to ride the horses. Sundance got a good report from the vet this morning....she is is good shape and just needs to fatten up a bit. Midnight is the queen of the pasture....Sundance lets her take the lead but she doesn't care much for the donkeys. She took a nip at the older male yesterday so now he gives Sundance a lot of room...LOL!!!

I ordered this adorable Penny Black stamp called Sweet Thing a few weeks ago from Stampers Dream and finally inked her up tonight. I had a little trouble with the little frosting balls on the cupcake (I tried to add a little sparkle with a glitter pen but all it did was darken the ink!!) so I covered up my mess with pearls....don't ya just love this craft!!!!! Mistakes are sooo easy to fix!!! I just love the My Favorite Things Die-namics dies, too....they are so fun and easy to use!!! I used the cloud die on the felt and the two large scallop dies for the scalloped layers. The Papertrey Ink Ocean Tides ribbon finishes it off.
Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black
Paper: White, Ocran Tides, Prism Desert Coral Dark, unknown dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: MFT's Die-namics Cloud die and scallop dies, Felt, Pearls, White Gel Pen, Nestabilities, Sewing Machine, Copics


Thanks for visiting and I hope you get to do something fun today!!!

18 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!!!

Kimberly S said...

Glad to hear that the horses are doing well and adjusting! :)
What a sweet image and a pretty card! Your coloring is wonderful, and I love the distressed look. :)

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness...this is super cute, Joan!! So beautifully colored, and I love the clouds!! Pretty papers too!! Fantastic!!

Renkata said...

Very cute and sweet card. Love the colours combo.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love this sweet image that you so beautifully coloured. The colours are gorgeous and I love the stripes/polka dots! Cute, cute, cute!

Cassie said...

Adorable, Joan! I love the torn and weathered look to your paper. Have a wonderful time riding this morning ;D

Linda Anderson said...

Let me start out Joan by saying so glad to hear your new baby is doing well. Sounds like she is lovin' her new home!

As for your card...ADORABLE!! Gorgeous papers, totally adorable image, smart move on the pearls (they're fab), and such yummy ribbon and felt clouds!! You are gooooooood! Thanks for the inspiration!


Linda

Crystal said...

AWWWW this is sooooo super cute Joan...I LOVE this image and your coloring is wonderful........GREAT COLORS!!

Joanne Travis said...

How precious is this!! LOve the image and the coloring and the pearls on the cupcake. Sweet!!
(wouldn't you love to get a cupcake that big? Too cute)!

Julia Aston said...

This is a 'sweet thing' Joan! love the colors and papers you used!

Kevin Renz said...

So cute Joan!!

Bev J. said...

My computer has been sick so I have missing out and having withdrawal symptoms-neat cards and projects. Love the Ocean Tides color. tfs

Dawn B. said...

My daughter used to ride horses all the time.. I miss that smell.. LOVE that smell.. This is so sweet Joan.. What an adorable image..

Bev Gerard said...

Total sweetness here! No wonder you had to have this cute stamp .... and it was meant to be brought to life by your talented hands for sure!

debbie said...

What a cute little girl! beautiful card design. glad all is going well with your new addition!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I had to have this 'sweet thing' myself....isn't she just the sweetest....great layout....fun

Chrissy D said...

I have to admit, I am not BIG on the cupcake thing, but this is one of the cutest cupcake cards I have seen. ADORABLE!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh this is darling! What a cute stamp, colored beautifully I might add. Just makes me smile.