Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Off to Seattle With the Teapotters!!!

Good morning everyone...what a great day to be stamping!!!! The Color Challenge colors on Splitcoast today are gorgeous; Rich razzleberry, Baja Breeze, and So Saffron...I actually had all the colors and a piece of grid paper for the dessert option, too...Woot!!! This is also for da Mudder's Teapot Tuesday challenge. It seems we are off to Seattle to see Duke the spotless Dalmation. He was hired by the fire department but promised the chief he would have spots in 2 weeks. So it's up to the teapotters to save the day...we are to take lots of polka dots to the party for old Duke!!
I am also taking a picnic basket full of flowers and food...stampers can't live on polka dots alone!!! The images are from Clear Dollar Stamps Picnic Time set...colored with copics, and popped up on dimensionals. I also used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge found on her blog, Lord have Mercy.
Recipe:
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Picnic Time
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, October Afternoon Fly a Kite
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Silver Pearls, Nestabilities, Spiral Punch, SU Flower Die, Prima, Button, Twine


I made this card yesterday for the Technique Lovers Challenge on Splitcoast to make flowers without a flower punch or die and the CAS challenge to be inspired by the wonderful Cake Designer:Carrie's Cakes. It seems like when I combine challenges I make a bigger mess...what's up with that??? Anyway...I made my flowers with the round scalloped punch and tissue paper. The punch didn't cut the tissue paper very well but since I was smashing the paper anyway, it didn't really matter.
My inspiration cake for the CAS Challenge was the gorgeous Melody (in Chocolate) cake # 548. It was sooo pretty with the chocolate frosting and the light and dark pink flowers on the top and down the side. The flourishes and sentiment from Rubbernecker were stamped with Versamark, embossed with white ep, and colored with pink chalk. The ribbon and rhinestone brads in the flower centers were the only embellishments. I really tried to keep this CAS!!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Rubbernecker Flourishes and sentiment
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Tissue Paper. Prism Baby Pink Dark
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Chalk, Rhinestone Brads, PTI Ribbon, White Embossing Powder, Round Scalloped Punch
Thanks for visiting me today...I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!!!

9 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, Joan!!!!

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful cards, and a fun story or course! Love the flower filled basket, and the gorgeous flowers and bow in your second card! :)

Crystal said...

Joan these are GORGEOUS I LOVE those flowers you did in the pot and love that punch you did on the sides...FABULOUS!!! TOTALLY gorgeous flowers on the second one sweetie!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Joan, you nailed both challenges with gorgeous creations. Love the picnic set, which I have been drooling over, and your flowers are perfection! Great card and awesome work!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like how your basket of flowers sits on a picnic table for the first card. Very cute.

Your tissue paper flowers are very pretty. This card definitely says "wedding cake".

Stacy Morgan said...

That little basket is too cute and such a pretty card. LOVE the flowers on the second and the pink is wonderful.

Rose Ann said...

They're both so pretty, Joan!! I love that basket with the flowers, table cloth, and picnic table!! Such great dimension and colors!!

Your floral card is beautiful with your wonderful pink flowers, and I love the chocolate/pink color combo!!

Kevin Renz said...

Fabulous cards Joan!

Jen Shults said...

Beautiful cards! I just love that first one. You have just add the perfect amount of accessories and I love the depth to that basket with the flowers on top. Wonderful work!