Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lanterns, Shells, and Flowers

Good morning everyone!! I got inspired last night by this picture on the Moxie Fab World Blog and just had to make a card for the challenge!!!
I just got these adorable lantern stamps from Impress Stamps and thought they would be perfect for my challenge card. Three of the lanterns were stamped on Sassafras Sunshine Lollipops dp and the other two were stamped with Tangerine Tango and Bermuda Bay. I hand drew the doodled cord and the sentiment is from Papertrey Inks Everyday Button Bits.
Recipe:
Stamps: Impress Stamps, Papertrey Ink
Paper: Vanilla, Really Rust, Basic Grey's Kioshi, Sassafras Sunshine Lollipop dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangerine Tango, bermuda Bay
Accessories: Black Artists Pen, Dimensionals
I made this card for Stamp TV's Sketch Challenge......the images from Melanie Muenchinger's Gifts from the Sea set were stamped with Vivid Aqua, cutout, and attached around the sentiment with dimensionals. I used an aqua painter to add a little more of the Aqua ink to give the images a little dimension. Stamps from the same set were stamped in the corner to create the triangle in the sketch. Ribbon and pearls finish it off.

Recipe:
Stamps: Melanie Muenchinger's Gifts from the Sea
Ink: Vivid Aqua
Accessories: Ribbon, Pearls, Nestabilities
This card was made for Stamp TV's Inspiration Challenge...check out the beautiful inspiration wreath!!! I stamped Melanie Muenchinger's Year of Flowers images with Versafine Onyx Black, embossed with clear ep, watercolored with Tombow markers, cutout, and attached with glue dots and dimensionals. The silk ribbon is the only embellishment.

Recipe:
Stamps: A Year of Flowers
Paper: Pure Luxury White, Watercolor Paper, Pure Luxury Ocean Mist
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Tombow Markers, Clear ep, Ribbon, Dimensionals
Thanks for visiting this morning...have a wonderful day!!!

20 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

oohhhhh....all three cards are so different but they are all three so beautiful!!!
Sylvia x

Dawn Easton said...

Wowzers girl! Your inspiration card could not be more perfect~! LOVE those lanterns you created...hehe!

The monochromatic seashell card is GORGEOUS! So calming!

LOVE the bright floral card too! That bow is awesome!!

Linda Anderson said...

Wow Joan, you have been one very busy lady!!!!! All those gorgeous cards with all that cutting out...wowza!!!! I love, love, love your seashell card - probably because we are on vacation at the beach right now and I have sea and sand on my mind!!!!!! Gorgeous!!

Linda

Kimberly S said...

You always have such beautiful inspiration waiting to be seen! Gorgeous cards Joan. Your lanters are amazing (including your doodled cord!). Your card of shells is beautiful in aqua! (I've never seen the pearls in that color...now I'll have to go looking, they are just so pretty!) Your wreath is also amazing in those vivid colors, and what a lot of work cutting it all out! Fabulous job, thank you for sharing. :)

Broni said...

OMG, Joan! You totally rocked all 3 of these challenges! I love them all but that flower wreath is really spectacular!!

Crystal said...

Joan wow another post FULL of inspiration sweetie, everyone of these are BEAUTIFUL!! you rocked all of these challenges..GORGEOUS work!

Mary Marsh said...

3 beauties for sure joan-my fave is the sketch card-love the cut out images and beautiful shade of blue you used-
took up your dtgd challenge

debbie said...

Love these cards and wanted to let you know that your beautiful wreath card cost me some money. Immediately after seeing it I went over to Gina k and bought that set :) if you don't watch out you are going to get a reputation as an enabler!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Barbara said...

Joan, all of these are amazing!! I'm suddenly in the mood for a lantern-lit party on a Hawaiian beach with a lei of exotic flowers! Ok, so where's the mai tai? Gorgeous cards, all of them!

Barb

Joanne (jojot) said...

the first card says 'party', the second says 'vacation', and the third says 'beauty'...each unique and each beautiful in theme and design

Bev J. said...

Those are all great cards. I love shells and flowers so especially like those two-great coloring on the flowers. tfs

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful cards Joan. My fav is the sea shells. Makes me think I should cut mine out and get busy. Great coloring on the beautiful flowers.

Lorri said...

I love what you did with these flower stamps. I have this set and was inspired to make a special card like this for my MIL. Lovely.

Harriet Skelly said...

Wowza Joan - you did an awesome job with these cards - I especially love the last one - the flower wreath!! OMG is that ever gorgeous!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

You know, my sweet, the blue card really reminds me of the wonderfulRED card you made me for my birthday. I really need to case both of them!! WOW!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

That lantern card is just incredible! Great job!

Julia Aston said...

Love the lantern card Joan - the blue shell card is so pretty and the flower wreath is beautiful!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my...each and every card is just as beautiful as the next!! Gorgeous work, Joan!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Joan! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Tifany said...

Very nice!