Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

TLC372 - Faux Dry Embossing


Hello everyone!!We have had a house full of family the last two days...we celebrated several birthdays yesterday and Easter today....hope you had a wonderful Easter Sunday!!! All the food has been put away, the dishes are done, and the kitchen is clean (where was my Fairy Godmother when I needed her??) so now I am ready to get crafty!!

 It's my turn to host the Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast and I have a fun one for you!! How many times have you wanted to emboss the background on your project but didn't have the right embossing folder?? Well, your troubles are over because we are going to create our own faux dry embossing!!!
This technique is really simple....you just need punches or dies.

1. Punch or diecut the shapes you want out of the same color as your background
2. Adhere the shapes to the background...I used glue but you can also use glue dots or run the pieces through the Xyron Create-a-sticker machine
3. Create your design
4. You can find a tutorial created by Beate in Splitcoast's resourse section 

How easy is that??!!??

My card features a Rubbernecker sentiment called Music #582-05, a KaiserCraft wooden bird, Prima, punched leaves, twine, lace, ribbon, and the faux embossed background was made with a retired Stampin Up! flower punch.

This is also for a few other challenges:
1. Crafting When We Can - things with wings
2. The Squirrel and the Fox - things with wings
3. Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle Saturdays - things with wings
4. Delicious doodles Challenge - textures

Thanks for stopping by...I hope you have a great day!!!!




19 comments:

Mariƫlle said...

Very cute!!!! Happy Easter!!

Dawn Easton said...

Sounds like an exciting weekend Joan!!!

Your card is lovely!!! I know what I need to do....stars! Hope I can find time this evening :)

Sasha said...

Super card, Joan. I love your flower and bird x

Tammy said...

Lovely card and interesting technique, one I have on my "must try" list!

Pia S said...

Love the different textures and choice of colors. A very elegant and pretty card :)

Carole of Brum said...

Hi Joan, sounds like a busy but nice weekend for you. It's been typical bank holiday weather here, lol (rainy!!).

What a great background the faux embossing makes, I think it's the perfect backdrop for your little bird, which is lovely, by the way. The whole card is gorgeous, you placed the elements ever so well. Have a good week.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wow, sounds like you are busy with all kinds of celebrations. Your card is so pretty, have never seen this technique, but you have me intrigued. Love the music and how you have the bird with the rose and the branches.

Linda Palmer said...

This is another beautiful card. Love your design and card. You inspire me with your beautiful designs.

Patrice said...

Great technique tutorial - love your card! Please link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week...

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-14-giveaway-winner.html

Unknown said...

So pretty!!! Great background! Will have to remember this trick next time I get stumped for an appropriate folder.

pinky said...

Beautiful card Joan, great sentiment and gorgeous layout. Thanks for becoming one of my followers:)

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful, Joan! I love the sentiment with the music notes and the floral treatment is gorgeous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I love this card- and I so love this great idea for a background accent- how cool is this!!! I have to try this!

jimlynn said...

COOL way to create a background and love this beautiful card, Joan! Fantastic.
Lynn

Teri said...

Lovely card with some yummy textures hun. Perfect for our 'Texture' challenge at Delicious Doodles. Thank you for joining in! Good luck with the draw.
Hugs,
Teri x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

A great technique making a beautiful textural card. Love the flower arrangement. Thank you for sharing this with us at Delicious Doodles' Texture challenge

Debbie said...

such a beautiful card!!

Rae said...

Lovely, as always, Joan. So many great details. You gals are "the bomb" on SCS! What a great challenge. I love the "embossed" effect!
I will be back later today to check out some more of your posts I have missed. My son has had several viral infections back to back, and he is still sick- so I haven't been doing too much crafting or blog traveling. Hope all is well in your world!
After the birthday and Easter celebrations in your home it sounds like it!

Linda said...

This card is so sweet, I think that rose is so stunning!!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel and The Fox!

Hugs,
Linda xx