Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Another Sympathy Card

Good morning everyone...it's Friday!!! This week had gone way too fast....it seems like yesterday was Monday!!! We went to the PX on Fort Hood yesterday....their prices are much lower on things like toothpaste and deodorant so we stock up when we go. Military families don't pay sales tax at the PX or the commissary so that really helps to save a few pennies!! I wish they sold punches and dies....LOL!!

I made another sympathy card for a family at church....we have lost way too many church friends this year!!!
The rose was stamped with Kitchen Sink's rose set...I have not used this in ages so I was a little rusty with the 4 step process!! I also used Jen's Deconstruction sketch from 2 weeks ago...I thought the long stamp and sentiment fit the sketch perfectly!!

This card is for a few other challenges:
1. Stampotique Designs Challenge - doodling (I doodles around the background edges)
2. Opus Gluei - What else do you know? I used to know how to stamp with the 4 step Kitchen Sink stamps  but have not used them in ages!!
3. Totally Gorjuss - use bling
4. Waste Not Wednesday - use your forgotten stuff (my Kitchen Sink stamps)

Thanks for stopping by...have a great Friday!!!!

20 comments:

Sasha said...

Super stamping, Joan. Your single stem rose is so perfect for a sympathy card.
Have a great weekend x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card for a sad occasion, the rose is gorgeous and I like the lace,
Kevin xx

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful sympathy card! Love that rose from KS stamps!

Debbie said...

So beautiful! love the touch of lace!

Cassie said...

Sorry you had to make another sympathy card, Joan, but it is gorgeous. That family will really appreciate it.

I have to say that I really don't shop at the Commissary or the PX, because I don't really save much. I'm okay with off brand, and since our commissary charges a surcharge, you have to pay your baggers, and I have to drive 10 miles to get on Post I feel like I might as well just shop off Post. Am I missing something?

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Joan, sorry it has to be in honor of someone's death! I really like how the sentiment is across the stem of the rose,

Lynn McAuley said...

Well, this certainly caught my eye!! I use this rose quite often for sympathy cards as well. Beautiful work, Joan!

Carole of Brum said...

Wow, that's a really beautiful stamped flower, Joan, I think it is just right to use on such a sad occasion too as it's very tasteful. Sorry you've had to made a few sympathy cards recently.

Hope you and the family have a nice weekend, maybe we'll both get the chance to do a little crafting. CoB

Linda Palmer said...

This is so beautiful Joan. You can do so much with stamps. I have a hard time with CAS and you can just do anything and it always comes out beautiful. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

jimlynn said...

Nothing prettier than a single rose and this is just beautiful! The step stamping gives it so much dimension! Wonderful card.
Lynn

Sandy said...

Your card is beautiful!
sandy

Annette Allen said...

wow that rose is beautiful...lovely card..

Wishcraft said...

Oh this is lovely, the rose image is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my WNW challenge this week hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sue B said...

This is beautiful Joan - I love the rose stamp - it's perfect for a sympathy card. it's a fab layout and design.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Julia Aston said...

Your rose is beautiful Joan with the green and white papers!

Pam D said...

Great sympathy card, love the touch of lace, TFS!
pdela-torre@wavecable.com

Sid said...

Lovely card !!

Becky said...

This is stunning Joan! Love the lace.

Rosemary said...

Hey there and welcome to Opus Gluei. Your card is so beautiful, it really is and I need to look up these stamps because the effect is well worth four steps. This card will mean a great deal to the family.

I'm sorry you have lost friends this year, I just lost a church friend of my own over the weekend and it hurts. You know they are somewhere good but it still hurts.

Thank you for sharing a project that is obviously so close to your heart, I hope you think about visiting us at Opus Gluei again for more challenges.

Ballie (Bennarda) said...

Wauuuuuuuuuuuw Joan, wath a beauty is this card, nice colours.
Bye Bennarda (Ballie)

http://balliescreationballie.blogspot.com