Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Soccer, Baseball, and a few Blue Ribbons!!!


Good Sunday Morning everyone!!!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far!!! I have some pics of the Belton Iris Show and of Cody's first baseball game of the season but first I want to tell you about the card I made for Mackenzie...she made a goal yesterday and I didn't get to see it since I was at the iris show  so I made her a card to celebrate and to ease my guilt...LOL!!! I used the adorable Whipper Snapper image and colored it with her team colors. She even has black and teal soccer shoes....I know she is going to love this!!!

This was Cody's first baseball game of the season. He has moved up a division so instead of the pitching machine, one of his team mates pitches the ball...just like the big leagues!!!! All the boys are struggling a bit...it takes time to get used to hitting a ball pitched by a human...LOL!!!

Cody's up to bat......

He swings but misses the ball....what a bummer!!!


He really means business out in left field!!!

Now, onto the iris show.....


Here are some of the entries...the rules state we must display our iris in a green bottle so most of us use wine bottles....sure was fun getting ready for the show...LOL!!!


My Kooza won a blue ribbon....whoohoo!!!


My Chinook Arch won a blue ribbon and best of all the yellow entries!!!!!


Here is the winner's table...they select the best of each category for the purple ribbons. My Chinook Arch is the third from the right.


I also won a blue ribbon for one of the artistic divisions....the theme was Texas sports.....I chose fishing since that's all my hubby lives and breathes....


My last ribbon was a second place for the Texas theme of the Artistic division.

Thanks so much for visiting and allowing me to share my fun Saturday!!!!

18 comments:

Sasha said...

Super soccer card for Mackenzie, I love the printed ribbon. And well done you with your gorgeous iris winning awards. So well deserved, Joan. They are all gorgeous! x

Dawn Easton said...

That soccer card is ADORABLE! Love the teal shoes....hehe! I'm sure Mackenzie will LOVE it too!
Great pictures of the baseball game!!! I wonder if I can even still hit a ball thrown by a human. It's been years since I swung a bat! ha!

GREAT pictures of the show! HUGE congrats on your ribbons. LOVE that last one of the cowboy boot....how fun!!

Tammy said...

Oh wow Joan! Congratulations on all the blue ribbons! Super fantastic! Love your sweet card, such a perfect image for a little girl soccer player and the baseball pictures are such fun!

jimlynn said...

Whew! First of all, love this precious card! Such a cute image and the paper you used with it is just perfect. Know she loved it - and congrats to her on that goal!
Baseball season is here for sure - such cute pictures. They do have a lot of fun!
Love all the wonderful flowers - and congrats on your wins!!! Fabulous.
Lynn

Annette Allen said...

awesome...congratulations on your ribbon...how exciting...your flowers are amazing...and I so love your card...it is just too cute..

Carole of Brum said...

What a great card for Mackenzie, I saw it and wondered if it was for one of your grands cos of the colours. Bet she loves it!

Well done on your wins! I'm glad your Kooza won cos that was my fave. I see your design skills are invaluable here too - your fishing and Texas displays are fabulous! I'm imagining all the entrants walking round the show slightly tipsy from all the wine they drank the night before so they could display the irises in green bottles LOL. CoB

Julia Aston said...

How fun that you won so many ribbons Joan!! Love the arrangements you made - SO creative and pretty!

and your soccer card is just adorable - I'm sure it will get grandma off the hook!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a special card!! Love your photos...especially the flowers! You have a real talent for floral arranging...congrats on all the blue ribbons!

Kathy and Lucky said...

I don't know where to start...:) You have so much fun things today. Loving the card, so perfect and that ribbon is amazing. How fun for your little guy, it is always a struggle when learning to hit off a human pitching, but he will get it. Your iris are gorgeous and congrats on your win for the two of them.

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful Iris's. Love the dark blue ones the best but love all Iris. I have a brownish colored one that was one of my MIL's favorites. Loved the photos of your DGS. Darling card too, love the little girl.

Brenda said...

Adorable soccer card Joan!
Congratulations on all the ribbons! Your flowers and arrangements are outstanding!

Helen F. said...

Oh My, Joan! Congrats on all the blue ribbons~each one of your Iris flowers is gorgeous.
Your sweet card for Mackenzie is perfect...thanks for sharing all the fun baseball pictures too!

Mary Marsh said...

really cute soccer card-but it looks like the big stars of this post are Cody and your ribbon winning iris and the artisitic displays of your flowers-a big congrats to you Joan-I know you are so excited

Vicki Wildes said...

Thanks Joan for sharing your beautiful iris's and your lovely grands! Vicki R

Marlena M. said...

Adorable card Joan! Wow, you have all kinds of creativity going on. Awesome shots of Cody. Congratulations on all your ribbons. ;)

Broni said...

What an adorable card, Joan! I love seeing all the photos! Your irises are gorgeous and WOW, so many blue (and a purple) ribbons!! Congratulations!!!

C said...

Super cute card and A BIG CONGRATS on your ribbons for those beauties...well deserved!

Pam D said...

Loved perusing your blog, your grandkids are too adorable. Congrats on your wins with your irises, they're beautiful. Your cards are always so nice and inspiring. Especially love that you have horses, I think that was my first word as a baby, and I had one when I was a teenager, qtr horse/thoroughbred. I won alot of ribbons with him too in shows and 4-H. Became a follower and will definitely be back, TFS!