Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Color Throwdown Challenge #187


Good morning everyone!!! It's Wednesday and that means it's time for another Color Throwdown Challenge!!
I am the hostess this week and I have chosen some pretty springy colors!!! I was inspired by this beautiful pitcher....I have one just like this!! It was a gift waaaaay back in the 60's (when I was a weeee babe)...I loved it then and still love it today!! 




My card features the sweet little ice cream cone stamp from My Cute Stamp's Sweet Kawaii set. It was colored with Copics and layered on a Spellbinders scalloped diecut. The papers are from Basic Grey's LilyKate...the lavender looks closer to Lavender Lace in real life....I even went over it with a lavender Copic but it still looks a little blue/gray. Sewing was done around the stripes and the Baker's twine and button finish it off. 


I used the Mojo 236 Sketch , Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge to use ribbon or twine, and the Cutie Pie Challenge to use your favorite cute stamp. 


Remember, you don't have to use the exact colors to play along...use papers and colors you have that are similar to the challenge colors. Be sure to add CTD187 to the keywords when you upload your card to an online gallery so we can find your work!! 

Do you want to see some wonderful inspiration?? Here are the links to the Color Throwdown Designers..... check out what they created this week! 



Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs 
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy 
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity 
Lori Tecler - Inking a Loud
Lynn Put - The Queens Scene
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri

Joan Ervin - Stamping With a Passion - that's me! 
Julia Aston - Create with MeOur fabulous April Guest Designer!!

Thanks for visiting....have a great day!!!!



19 comments:

Sasha said...

Super card, Joan. Pretty colours and a lovely layout.
Like you, I have a water set just like the one in your picture. Mine was a wedding present in the seventies, and it's still going strong xx

Tammy said...

Lovely card Joan and yummy at the same time! Love the zig-zag centerpiece.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Yum, you can't go wrong with ice cream, you have to smile :) This is so sweet and the ric rac is perfect for this card. Love it.

Dawn Easton said...

What great colours!!! Love what you did with your creation! That big wavy ric rac is awesome!!!

Kerri said...

This is super cute, Joan, and your layout is awesome! Thanks for the fun color combo this week!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- I love your take on the color challenge...and how cool is that Zig Zag accent- loving that!!!

jimlynn said...

Very springy colors and a precious card! Love the zig zag on here too.
Lynn

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours are fabulous. Thanks for joining us this month @ Bunny Zoe Crafts. Hugs Michele x

Carole of Brum said...

Wow, what colours! it always amazes me the colours people think to put together, i am so unadventurous with colour and never come up with such combos so I just love these challenges. I think your choice of shades is fabulous, Joan, and your card is really cool and uplifting.

Thanks for the ever so lovely comments you leave on my blog, petal - I find them so cheerful, warm and encouraging, it always makes me smile to see you there. Have a good weekend, and I hope work didnt cramp your style too much, lol. Hugs from Brum. CoB

Annette Allen said...

what a super fun design...love that little image..

Susan (rainy) said...

Lovin' the card with all the wonderful paper patterns. This color combo is FABULOUS!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Darling card, Joan! Love the jumbo rick-rack. This was a GREAT color combo!

Broni said...

Gee, it seems that we were both mere babes back in the 60's!! LOVE this color combo! And I love your card with that adorably sweet image and the springy patterned papers. It just makes me smile!!

Barbara said...

This is so stinkin' CUTE, Joan!

Debbie said...

very cute card and love those colors!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Really cute card! Love the cone and all the lovely pattern papers. TFS and enjoy the weekend.

Lori said...

This is too cute, Joan! Thanks for the fun color combination this week!

Lynn Put said...

Such a sweet card (no pun intended, lol)! Love this cute image, your ric-rack and fun button with twine!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card is adorable and have to say, I really loved these colors!