Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Everything is Blooming in Texas!!!

Good morning everyone....I hope you are having a good week...only 2 days till the weekend...yeaaaa!!! I have to work today so this will be short and sweet!!  I made a one layer card yesterday with my new Bluebonnet stamp from Whipper Snapper. The stamp was colored with Brilliant Blue and Old Olive markers and stamped twice. An aqua pen was used to color the images....the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

My friend Carole from England wanted to see some Texas Bluebonnets.....I finally went to the college campus on the edge of town to take these pics.


I was surprised that we had so many fields filled with wildflowers because of last years drought.....


This is what our roadsides look like in the spring only you will see lots of orange, yellow, and pink wildflowers, too!! I'll have to drive out west of town this weekend for more pics...hopefully, I can find some of the Indian Paintbrush and Buttercups!!


I have another hybrid iris blooming...this one is called Have a Goodun. The Iris Show is a week from Saturday....sure hope I have some blooming by then!!!
This is a picture of my climbing rose with the birdhouse on the fence....flowers make me so happy!!!

Thanks for stopping by....have a great day!!!!


11 comments:

Sasha said...

Such a pretty card and lovely photo's TFS xx

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful CAS card, Joan! Beautiful pictures you've shared today!!!
Love that you have things blooming already! We woke up to a freak spring snow....wonderful...ha!

jimlynn said...

Love that bluebonnet image Joan and such a wonderful card! Great sentiment too.
The photos are fabulous. We have a lot of wildflowers this year it seems and I love looking out over the fields and see all the blue, orange, yellow and pinks!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Lovely card Joan but the pictures of the flowers are beautiful! Hope you have an iris blooming for the show. I remember enjoying your pictures last year!

Carole of Brum said...

Oooooooh thanks so much for taking and showing the photos, Joan, I love seeing what the world is like over where you live! The field with the carpet of blue looks quite like our fields that we can glimpse from the motorway.

Your one layer card is fabulous, very appropriate with your photos too! Love your post today. CoB

Linda Palmer said...

I love Texas bluebonnets! We usually go to Houston in early April so we can see the fields of bluebonnets and wild flowers on the way to our daughters. These photos are beautiful and just may have to check out WS for the image. Love your beautiful coloring.

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous...I love all your amazing flowers...I just love Spring...all the amazing colors and growth...God is so awesome...

Debbie said...

love your card, am thinking that I need to get that stamp, very pretty. so enjoying your photos of flowers.

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautifully inspired card! Those Texas flowers are beautiful! Happy Easter!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wow your card is gorgeous and does Texas Bluebonnets proud. Love how you have them colored. Love your pictures, so many fields full of Bluebonnets. Have a great weekend.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love these beautiful flowers, and the colors are so fabulous.