Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Recycled Wedding Cards


Good morning everyone!!! Can you believe it's Friday again??? I swear the time goes sooo fast....it seems my life has gone into overdrive!! I have been working outside most of the week...at my house and at my parents. It's actually getting a little warm here so I need to finish up my planting soon. My DH planted several fruit trees and about 20 tomato plants yesterday....the green beans go in tomorrow. I can just taste fresh green beans cooked with a little onion and bacon...yummmm!! Anyway....

I cleaned out a drawer in the craft room yesterday and found a large envelope/folder I picked up at CHA two years ago at the Anna Griffin booth. The folder was made from the most luscious heavy, textured, vanilla  card stock with a beautiful die cut label on the front. Wellll, the wheels started turning ...I cut it all apart and created two wedding cards for my stash. The first card features the die cut...I covered Anna Griffin's name with an oval die cut with a sentiment from Layer's of Color and embossed it with gold ep. The scalloped layer under the label was inside the folder as a business card. The silk ribbon finished it off.
The card stock on the backside of the folder had the most elegant flourished pattern on the reverse side so I used a piece on the front of this wedding card.....I used the same sentiment on a MFT's Die-namices  die cut and added a Cherry Lynn Designs vine die cut, punched flowers with pearl centers, lace, a scalloped die cut (also MFT's), silk ribbon, and heart stick pins. Now I'm all set for a couple of summer weddings!!!

My DGD will spend the weekend with us so I have to do a little cooking today....potato salad, BBQ beef in the crock pot for sandwiches and I found the most wonderful recipe for.....

No Bake Oreo Cookie Truffles

1 package Double stuffed Oreos
4 oz cream cheese softened
Dipping chocolate - I am going to use almond bark

Crush the Oreos in a food processor reserving a few of the crumbs to garnish
Fold in the cream cheese and form into 1"- 1 1/2 "balls....put in freezer for about 15 minutes
Dip into melted chocolate using a spoon or skewer and garnish with Oreo crumbs...place on parchment paper to dry or leave on the skewer as a truffle pop.
yummmmm!!!

Thanks for stopping by today....I hope your day is super special!!!!

29 comments:

Sasha said...

Hi Joan, I love Anna Griffin products, but you made a fantastic job re arranging everything in your own style...looks beautiful!! :)

You are so lucky to have the warm weather back. It's been terrible here in the UK wall to wall rain for almost a week now. Our garden is waterlogged :( x

Unknown said...

This is so cute. I love the flourishes. I have scraplifted the recipe for the kids lol.

Patti J said...

Beautiful, Joan! Your ribbon treatment is fabulous. Thanks for sharing :) Isn't it fun to find hidden treasures when we clean? lol...Have fun with your GD!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh these are both SO GORGEOUS!!! The vanilla on vanilla is so vintage and elegant. LOVE!

Linda Palmer said...

Both cards are beautiful. I love them both. Someone will be thrilled to receive them. Recipe sounds fabulous and hoping to try it next week. Sounds yummy!
TFS!

jimlynn said...

Both are so elegant and classy looking! Beautiful!
Lynn

Barbara said...

Joan, these are both so gorgeous! Simply stunning and the ivory adds so much elegance.

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, both cards are so very elegant and beautiful! What a find!

Sue B said...

Wow! these are gorgeous Joan! I love how you've recycled the card - they look really classy and elegant!
Oooh and the sound of those truffles!! Mmm… I am supposed to be on a diet but they sound SO good!!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

Carol L said...

Both cards are gorgeous and I love that you recycled something to create them! Your recipe sounds delish, and congrats on winning the SNSDC entire April digi release! Woot!!

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous redo Joan! So very elegant!! Have a fab weekend with your god daughter!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my word, Joan! These are GORGEOUS! So elegant! That ribbon is FABULOUS...wow!
Enjoy your weekend outdoors and then some baking!! FUN times for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Basslady said...

this is absolutely brilliant!

wonderful look!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Shawna said...

Joan these are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Sandy said...

Your card is gorgeous and I too can't wait to get fresh tomatoes and green beans - yum!!
sandy

Michelle L. said...

these are so pretty, Joan! And that recipe sounds delicious!

pinky said...

What a post Joan, from gorgeous fresh veggies to stunning wedding cards to yummie cookies. I'm off to make something tasty;)

Kathy and Lucky said...

You just have me drooling over the green beans, nothing better than having bacon with them and then those Oreo Truffles, oh yum!!! Which kind of describes that gorgeous and oh so elegant card. Have a great weekend.

Cheryl said...

Both cards are lovely, but that second one makes my heart flutter! Love that beautiful silk bow, the pins, the flourish die cuts...basically everything is perfect! And, how great that you repurposed something to get this!!!

Crystal said...

WOW WOW WOW Joan these are GORGEOUS and sooooo elegant LOVE LOVE the cream color!!!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

VanessaB said...

both cards so beautiful, but that second one is REAAAAALLLLYY beautiful!!

Mary Marsh said...

2 gorgeous wedding cards Joan-I love it when you can use up stash in a different way thatn what it was intended-the oreo truffles sound yummy

Helen F. said...

Joan, these Wedding cards are so elegant and romantic. Love the soft cream colors and stunning bows.
PS: thanks for the recipe~sounds yummy :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both so elegant and gorgeous and elegant Joan!! I love the cream and all your added texture. The 2nd is my fave.
hugs,
Chris

Carole of Brum said...

Ooh Joan, I think Anna Griffin would be very pleased with how you've used the folder - both cards are very elegant and sophisticated. I love the pale cream colour scheme and the gold embossing. Do you make boxes for cards like this with the large bows?

hope you had a fab weekend with your granddaughter...did you eat ALL of those Oreo truffles? lol. CoB

shamraiz said...

Love the yellow outlining! It really makes the flower image pop!
sam:>)
Membership Cards
Plastic VIP Cards
scratch cards

Becky said...

OH my, where have I been that I missed these beauties..These are stunning.

Joanne (jojot) said...

both of these are beyond elegant....romantic and divine

Troy said...

OH my, where have I been that I missed these beauties..These are stunning.