Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Finally Friday!!!!

Good morning everyone....it's Friday...yeaaaaa!!!! I don't have a lot planned....I do have to watch my iris today and if the wind becomes too strong, I will have to cut the ones for the Iris Show tomorrow. I have two I can show if they behave themselves!!! I hate to cut them until the day of the show so they don't wilt before the judging. I will have some pictures uploaded on Sunday...maybe I will have a ribbon or two...whoohoo!! Anyway..... I did some fun stamping yesterday for Splitcoast's Ways to Use It Challenge. W were to use ruffles on our projects. My card features a silhouette stamp from Hero Arts, papers from GCD's Ella Blue collection, and the Sweet Sunday Sketch #156. I did a little sewing around the background edges and used a doily diecut under the silhouette.
This is also for the Delightful Challenge to use stitching, Moving Along With the Times Challenge to do shabby chic/vintage, and The Paper Crafting Journey to use 3 or more different papers

Now, I have something super sweet to share.....

I went out on the back porch yesterday and a bird flew away from the birdhouse that was sitting on an old wood stove. Then I heard some chirping inside the birdhouse....I discovered some brand new baby birds......


They were sooo cute!!! I feel bad that the Momma bird flies away when I open the door so I will start using the side door to go outside...that way I can peek around the back and see what they are doing. I can't wait till they are big enough to learn to fly!!!


This iris is called Kooza (Spoon 08).....hopefully, it will stay like this till Saturday!!!


This is called Chinook Arch...I won a red ribbon with it last year!!


This beauty is called Celtic Woman....this is one of my faves!!!

Thanks for stopping by....have a wonderful Friday!!!




20 comments:

Sasha said...

Love your card, Joan. Beautiful layout and lace:)
Your iris are absolutely beautiful and a credit to you. Good luck with the show! Thanks for sharing your photo's of them and your sweet little birdhouse with chicks xx

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love your card and that vintage, cameo feel, just lovely. Love your Iris, those look like winners to me, hope the storms this weekend, don't affect them. How sweet to have the baby birds in the bird house, just a perfect spot to raise a family.

Linda Palmer said...

Love your beautiful card Joan. I love that type card and love cameo's. I sure hope you win a ribbon, they all look like winners to me.

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty cameo card Joan with the lovely lace! How fun to have baby birds in your sweet bird house! Good luck at the Iris contest - yours sure are beautiful!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous card, cute little bird, and wow on those flowers! Hope you do good at the show and know you will.
Down this way, they'd already be blown away - a lot of wind the last couple of days! They're so beautiful.
Lynn

Annette Allen said...

wow your flowers are amazing and that little bird...too cute.. your card is amazing...love that lace..

Tammy said...

I love your card and really like the way you have trimmed it in lace! But oh my, your iris are breathtakingly beautiful! Best of luck at tomorrow's show, they're all blue ribbon winners in my book!

happyglitzygirl said...

Gorgeous card, lovely LO, great papers, (love the Iris), thanks for playing with us at the Papercrafting Journey, blessings Hilde

Debbie said...

such gorgeous flowers! and thanks for sharing your bluebird babies :)

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Your card is gorgeous and I love the lace under the image matt as well! Thank you for playing with us at Moving Along With The Times :)

Vikki said...

This is such a pretty card!! Well done!!

Mau xx said...

gorgeous card, love the lace detail and the image is so sweet.
love all your pics too.
thanks for playing along with MAWTT this week.
Hugs Mau xx

Dawn Easton said...

Joan, your card is wonderful! Love that layout and your silhouette is so pretty!!!

What a wonderful surprise to find some babies living in the bird house!!!!
Your flowers are GORGEOUS!!! Good luck with the show and I'm keeping my fingers crossed you bring home a ribbon!!!!

Carole of Brum said...

Hi Joan, what a great post today.....a card, the birdhouse AND your irises - you are spoiling us :)

Love the card, it's really feminine and with a very nice layout too.

You are lucky having the baby birds on your porch, it'll be nice to see them growing.

Good luck with showing your irises, hope you win more prizes this year. they look really stunning, especially the purple one, soooo beautiful. CoB

Crystal said...

WOW Joan your card is BEAUTIFUL sooooo elegant LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sue B said...

Oh this is beautiful Joan! The silhouette image with the delish papers and lace is perfect Shabby Chic. I love the layout - it's a really fab design!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for my Shabby Chic/Vintage Theme and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Have a great weekend and good luck in the Iris Show - they are beautiful flowers - especially love the Kooza one! the baby birds are So cute!!
Hugs Sue xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your pretty card- great stamp and ruffles- love the ruffles!!! Oh I love your fabulous Iris! Best of luck at the show!!!

Jacki Daniels said...

Thanks for joining us at PCJ this time with this beautiful creation
Jacki xx

Chriss America Real said...

Your card is so lovely & elegant. I love the lace and the vintage feel of it. I love your little bird friends and your flower friends too! I would love spring more if I weren't suffering from pollen allergies right now! We have to keep the doors on all of our out-buildings shut because the birds around our house will make a nest anywhere! Thanks so much for playing along with the Delightful Challenges Team this week!

Hugs,

Chriss

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card - love the silhouette
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our vintage challenge
Lisa x