Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Whale of a Good Time!!!

Good morning everyone...hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!! I spent yesterday afternoon at the clinic having a cyst removed from my back...my post procedure instructions included not lifting anything over 10 pounds and not reaching or stretching for things so I don't pop the sutures sooooo....I couldn't unload or load the dishwasher or take clothes out of the washer to put in the dryer....ooooh, darn!!!! I wonder if 6 months will be long enough for everything to heal...LOL!!!! Ok, Ok...I won't milk this for toooo long!!! Anyway....

I was playing last night with the little Whale stamp and coordinating sentiment from Rubbernecker...the little whale was colored with copics, cutout, and attached with foam dots. The little boat is from RN's Kittie Kits Cause a Scene #6 and was also colored with copics. The waves were cut out with a wave die from The Cat's Pajamas and the cloud dies are Die-namics from My Favorite Things. This is for the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast. Stef picked out a great site for us to find inspiration....I chose the Cute Jumping Whales as my inspiration.
Recipe: Stamps: Rubbernecker Whale and sentiment, Rubbernecker's Kittie Kits Cause a Scene #6, Paper: Marina Mist, White, Real Red, Prism Baby Blue Light and Baby Blue Medium, Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Accessories: Baker's Twine, Cloud Dies, Wave Die, Copics

I used the same RN whale stamp and sentiment...it was stamped on Bo Bunny Timepiece dp and colored with copics. Different embossing folders were used for all the circles and the wave...a MFT's Die-namics was used for the scalloped edge, a wave die was used for the wave, and the button and ribbon finished it off.
Recipe: Stamps: Whale and sentiment from Rubbernecker Stamps, Paper: White, Prism Herbal Garden Light, Baby Blue Medium, Baby Blue Dark, and Candle Glow Medium, Bella Blvd Camped Out dp, Bo Bunny Timepiece dp, Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Accessories: Button, Ribbon, Nestabilities, Wave die, Embossing Folders, Scalloped Border Die-namics



My sweet granddaughters Autumn and Mackenzie made a couple of cards....they really love it when they have free reigh in my craft room!!!




Grandpa and Cole picked up more baby chicks yesterday.....these are Rhode Island Reds. The other chicks are half grown now and will graduate to the chicken coop soon. They are sooo cute at this age!!!!

Thanks for visiting....have a great weekend!!!!




14 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Oh, hope you are feeling better and I think 6 to 12 months of no lifting should work :) Love the cards and the little ones are following in your footsteps, how sweet. Loving those chicks, wow you had a lot of fun on your blog today, well other than the clinic. Now sit back relax and just make cards.

Lori said...

Oh my, this first card is soooo adorable!!! I'm pretty sure your going to have to heal at least 6 mths, maybe 8 or 9. Hee, hee. Love the fish under the water on your second card, perfect. I must say your dgd's make sweet cards, too. And how cute are those chicks?

Linda Palmer said...

Joan, your card is so cute. Love your little whale and love your beautiful coloring. The cards the girls made are just darling. They did a great job, of course they had a great teacher.

jimlynn said...

LOL! Be SURE and milk this as long as you can! Hope you're doing ok now (just don't tell anyone yet!).
Love your little whale card...very cute......and it looks like you have a couple of very talented stampers on your hands! Tell them they did a fabulous job!!!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Your card is too cute hun!! (love the die scene!!) I think it should be about a good year before you can heal, right?! LOL!!

Those peeps are too stinkin' CUTE!! Thanks for sharing!! Smiles

Crystal said...

Joan these are absolutely ADORABLE!!! I LOVE this whale and your designs...aww I think someone has the talent of their gma...Fun cards they did..awwww :))

Becky said...

Joan, these are fabulous girl..

Carole of Brum said...

Joan, you better play safe and take another few months, just to be sure. Reaching for craft stuff of course is gentle enough exercise and should be encouraged....doctors orders! lol.

The whale cards are such fun, and I like the red touches in the first one, they look great with the blue and white.

Crafting obviously runs in the family, your granddaughters are taking after you.

Cute chicks too, Cole looks fascinated by them.

Look after that back, hope the op site isnt hurting. CoB

Tammy said...

No, no Joan, you got the instructions all wrong. The doc said lift nothing heavier then a copic for a least one year!

Both of your cards today are fintastic! Love the colors too.

Awesome that your granddaughters love to craft.

Shirley said...

Okay, Joan, I have to tell you how wonderful your cards are and how I really love the waves, etc., but that picture at the bottom stole my heart!!

Bev J. said...

Lots of cuteness on this post! Love the touch of red on the first card. The girls did a great job on their cards and love the chickie photo.

Susan (rainy) said...

Wonderful cards, Joan... yours and your granddaughters! And I'm thinking that 6 months is a safe target date give or take a month or two. Seriously though, hope you heal quickly and well.

Barbara said...

One look at the whale card and I chuckled -- it is very fun and cheerful! Both versions! The kids did great with their cards, too!

Mary Marsh said...

cute cards joan-love the sweet whale image-the cards that your dgd's made are so cute-my grandsons will be making card for their dad on thursday.
cole really looks interested in those chicks