Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!


Good morning everyone!!! Guess what.....I am grandchildless!!!! The last of the Grands went home yesterday afternoon and I am still recovering...LOL!!! I actually went to bed before 10:00 last night...I think my body was in shock!!! I finally got a couple of Father's Day cards finished...this one is for my Dad. He was in the Navy during WWII stationed at Pearl Harbor so I know he will love this nautical themed card. I used papers from Webster's Pages Yacht Club and the ship is the coordinating Unity Stamp called Celebrate. The large ship on the right was stamped on the dp, colored with copics, cutout, and popped up on foam dots. The anchor was punched out of the dp and the sentiment stamps were from Taylored Expressions Boys Will be Boys set. Brads, clip, and ribbon finish it off.

Recipe: Stamps: Unity's Celebrate, TE's Boys Will be Boys, Paper: White, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Webster's Pages Yacht Club, Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Accessories: Copics, Brads, Clip, Ribbon, Round Punches

This card is for my fisherman husband...I actually made this card three years ago for a challenge and since I was pressed for time, I recycled it for Father's Day.....don't tell my sweet hubby!!! I just love this adorable little fisherman from Whipper Snapper...it was watercolored with reinkers on watercolor paper and the background was created with the Going My Way jumbo wheel from Stampin Up! The Father's Day sentiment is from Taylored Expression's Boys will be Boys set and the brads, piercing, and the little fish brad at the bottom finish it off.
Recipe: Stamps: Whipper Snapper, TE's Boys Will be Boys, Stampin Up Going My Way Jumbo Wheel, Paper: Cool Caribbean, Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, Watercolor Paper, Ink: Stazon Black, Reinkers: So Saffron, More Mustard, Blue Bayou, Creamy Caramel, Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose, Blush Blossom, Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, Accessories; Brads, Ribbon, Punches, Fish Brad

Most of my African Violets are in full bloom and I just had to share a couple of pictures...I grow my plants from leaves. At one time I had over 50 but have scaled down to about 7.

I have a burgundy violet that is sooo pretty but it's not blooming at this time. This deep purple one is my favorite!!


This is a light blue violet that I grew from a friend's plant. I have had this plant for almost 8 years.

Thanks for stopping by...I hope you have a wonderful day and can spend it with your special father/husband/son/brother/uncle/friend!!!



13 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Enjoy the peace and quiet, Joan. BUT I'm sure you are missing those grandkids already!! They are lucky to have such a fun and loving grandma!

Both cards are wonderful. Love the idea of recycling!!

Beautiful flowers too....I cannot grow African Violets...they always die on me :(

Tammy said...

So glad you had a chance to rest! Love both of your cards especially the nautical card. And your African violets are gorgeous.

Lori said...

I love the card for your dad with the paper pieced sails and star striped dp. I'm trying to recycle some cards too, it's a great idea. Is it hard to grow violets? They are beautiful, hope you show the burgundy when it blooms.

Linda Palmer said...

I love the cute little Whipper Snapper image on this cute card and I really do love the nautical card. Wow! Great job on both cards. Love how you colored the WS image. Great ideas you used on your Father's card.

jimlynn said...

Love 'em!! The nautical card is so pretty with such a unique design. Gorgeous. And of course I like that little fisherman....looks like something I need to go do! I DO love to fish.
Your African Violets are gorgeous. I've never been able to grow those things...probably don't have the right light on them. Yours are really pretty.
I know you're probably already missing those kiddos.
Lynn

Kathy and Lucky said...

My goodness all kinds of loveliness going on today with your blog. Loving your cards, the sails with the paper piecing is so creative and the fisherman card so cute. Love your violets, they are just gorgeous. Enjoy the quiet.

Shirley said...

Both cards are just so wonderful! The first is just beautiful with those unique sailboat sails and the second is just too too cute!

Rae said...

Love both Father's day cards. Your work is so good! The African violets are gorgeous, too! I'm going backwards to see what I've missed.
: D

Joanne (jojot) said...

Your violets are stunning....the nautical card is the bomb.....and the fisherman card is so dang cute

Anonymous said...

Loved your hints on aging paper. My Dad was also in the Navy during WW11, he was a pilot on the aircraft carrier. He just passed away in October, so was a sad Father's Day yesterday. Loved your violets, haven't seen any like that for years as my Grandma had them like that and always started them too. Thanks for the memories, have a great day. Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

debbie said...

Love all the elements on the card you made for your dad and those colors are so appealing. I haven't had violets in years but your photos make me want to get some. Thanks for sharing.

Stampvanwinkle said...

Hi Joan,

Your Father's Day cards are wonderful!
And those violets? WOW, your green thumb is amazing. You grew them form leaves? You are good girl, they are just beautiful.

I hope you are doing well and wish you a blessed day.

Hugs,
Deb

Carole of Brum said...

Hiya Joan, your nautical card is perfect for your Navy father, what great papers from Websters too. And your watercolouring is fab on hubby's card, lovely bright colours from those reinkers.

Your violets are marvellous specimens, they are obviously well looked after and happy. Love the colours, you really must use that colour combo on a card, isnt it great? CoB