Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Skinny Girl Within

Good morning everyone....hope you are having a great Friday morning!!! We rented True Grit last night and had a movie night with popcorn and chocolate!! The best part of the movie was watching Matt Damon...he was sooo easy to look at!!! My granddaughters thought he was an old man....now I know I'm over the hill...LOL!!! Anyway....
I'm still playing with my new Rubbernecker Stamps. The Vintage Kids image called Abigale was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored with very pale Copics. She was then cutout and draped over the Spellbinders Fancy Tags diecut and the Rubbernecker sentiment. The background paper is from GCD Studios Ella Blue and sewing, pearl flourish, seam binding and lace finish it off.

This is for a few challenges:
1. The Hotspot - dies
2. AI Factory - use something new (my new rubbah!!)
3. Crafts and Me Challenges - stamp something
4. Bunny Zoe's Crafts - lace
5. Sassy Studio Designs - stitching

Thanks for visiting...have a great Friday!!!



21 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and lovely colors and coloring! The lace is a perfect touch.

I don't like to think about being over the hill, I prefer to think I'm on the other side of the hill.

Carole of Brum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carole of Brum said...

Lol, brilliant sentiment, Joan, made me smile and it reminded me of a comedy programme over here, where the woman says "inside me there's a thin woman trying to get out" and her mother quips in with "Only one, dear?" LOL. Lovely how you made this, the girl image is a beauty, and the papers and lace perfect. CoB

Carole of Brum said...

Sorry about the duplicate comment....I've deleted the extra one. cob

Sherry Kushibab said...

LOL - I resemble that statement!!! Great card, this image looks like it could have been printed - so vintage looking. What a smart idea to cut her out and put her arm over the oval :) Lovin the colors you used. Saw True Grit when it came out and enjoyed it even more than the original!!! Guess that makes me really old :)

jimlynn said...

Sensational! Looks like a painting...so pretty.
Lynn

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!!!! tfs!!

Tammy L said...

Very pretty! I love the vintage look. Thanks for joining our 'something new' challenge this week at AIF
Tammy DT LEAD

Lynn McAuley said...

How absolutely awesome, Joan!! Your amazing work with this sensational vintage image is masterful!!!

XxJULESxX said...

wow Joan this is stunning!!!

Jacquel said...

OMGosh! Joan....what a beautiful vintage card you made! I LOVE everything about this beauty...awesome job Hun & TSMFS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this so gorgeous!! LOVE the pretty Vintage image and the lace border is stunning!! Beautiful job Joan!! smiles

Linda Palmer said...

OMGosh! Beautiful, love the vintage look of it all. So gorgeous and love the sentiment.

Dori Shelton said...

Beautiful Card! Love the vintage look with the blues and browns

Beverly said...

That is so funny.... and your card reminds me of those fun cocktail napkins.. Great card!

Shirley said...

I am so glad you didn't tell us what she thought of Jeff Bridges. I think I might even be older. LOLOL I love your card. She is so pretty, prim, and proper and the those "too cute words". LOLOL

Julie said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at SSD
Hugs,
julie

Barbara said...

Oh, yeah! I can totally relate to the sentiment on this card! I love when such lovely vintage cards have a sentiment with a kick!

Sara said...

Beautiful, thanks for playing along with SSD!

Angie said...

Love this great vintage card! Very fun sentiment, super image and fabulous die-cut!

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Joan, love the soft colors and and the laser cut details. Thanks so much for playing with The HotSpot Challenge and we hope to see you again! Hugs, Sue