Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

TLC328 Decorate the Envie

Hello everyone!!! Boy, have I had a wild weekend...5 of my grands stayed with me while Grandpa was at a fishing tournament in East Texas...I'm not sure that I am seeing straight tonight but that's ok!! My house may never be the same...LOL!!! We have the Wii set up in the first guest room and the two little boys have only come out to be fed and to feed the turtle. Cole couldn't be parted from his pet turtle. In fact, it stayed with me in my bedroom last night...I think we bonded...LOL!!!!! Anyway....

It is my turn to host this weeks TLC challenge on Splitcoast. I found my inspiration on my sweet friend Denise's blog...she colored this adorable envelope and I absolutely loved it!!! Soooo, the challenge this week is to color a scene on an envelope or create a design on the envelope to match a card you have already made....let's make it easy on ourselves...LOL!!

I created a collage effect on the kraft envie to match the card I made for a swap I went to a couple of weeks ago. The images from Rubbernecker's Paris 1908 set were stamped with Memento's Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa. The to and from were hand written with an artists pen.

This is just tooo easy and fun....join us if you can!!! Thanks for stopping by!!

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

Well bless your heart! You're one brave lady to have five grand kids at once!! LOL! Know yall had a good time though and glad you and the turtle bonded!
Love your card and envelope...so very pretty. I used to decorate the envelope too but have just really gotten lazy and don't do it much anymore! You've inspired me!
Lynn

debbie said...

Sounds like you had a fun, busy weekend :). I need some inspiration to do something with envelopes. I think it makes such a finished project when the envelope is decorated to match the card and I just never think to do it. Hope you get rested up!!!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a fun weekend, I would need a really long rest about now :) All these type of visits just give so many memories that all will remember. Not sure about the turtle though....Love your envelope and the card, such a vintage feel to it and just so much fun. I never think about the poor little envelope. TFS

Evette K. said...

You've made me feel as if I were visiting Paris in the twilight. So beautiful these two cards. Soft and vintage at the same time. Wondeful job gf. Hugs.

Julia Aston said...

Love the Parisean theme on this lovely card and envie Joan! Sounds like you have been PRETTY busy at home! don't know how you did it - I'm exhausted just thinking about it!!

Tammy said...

Fabulous Joan! Love the touch of blue and what a nice idea to decorate the envelope.

Carole of Brum said...

Morning Joan, what a great way to finish a project off - have a matching envelope. That's just so professional and looks great, plus the images are perfect to use for an envelope that is going off travelling to its destination.

Sounds fun at your house, 5 kids and a turtle, never a dull moment, he he. CoB

Lori said...

I love matching envelopes! Your card and envie are fabulous.

Bev J. said...

Love the look! I sometimes stamp a butterfly, flower, etc. but not a whole scene. Neat idea!