Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

TLC344 Cover Chipboard With Paper


Hello everyone...it's my turn to host the Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast!! I love to use chipboard and what better way to decorate it than to cover it with patterned paper...easy peasy challenge this week!!
First, I lay the chipboard piece on the pattern paper and draw around the shape and cut it out. I like to use a glue stick to adhere the paper to the chipboard and then I use an emery board to sand the edges. I have a real small, skinny one for the small curves edges...works great!!

My project is a chipboard coaster wall hanging...the cute little Maya Road chipboard tree and sun were covered with various papers as was the background. The sentiment from the Whiff of Joy 2009 Fall Stamp Kit was cut up and adhered to the sky area and the rick rack, leaf buttons laced with twine, and the clip with ribbon finish it off.

This is also for a few other challenges:
1. Dream Valley Challenges - buttons
2. ECP Challenge - use 6 different pattern papers (I used a different paper for the tree trunk, tree leaves, sky, grass, sun, and sun ring
3. Just Some Lines Challenge - fall colors
4. Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - Autumn days
5. Crafting for all seasons Challenge - Fall colors


Thanks for stopping by...hope to see your projects in the TLC gallery!!!

21 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Great idea Joan. Love your little friendship garden. So beautiful.

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so cute and what a fun idea to have on your wall, very colorful and happy smiles. Hope you had a great weekend.

Tammy said...

How cute!!!! Love the polkadots and the bright sunny sun! Just perfect for gift giving too. Love it!

Dawn Easton said...

Love this Joan!! GREAT scene you have created! I have a bundle of chipboard coasters.....must use them today!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sasha said...

Such a sweet wall hanging, Joan. I love all the pretty papers and little chipboard pieces:)

Jacquel said...

Too cute Joan! I love this....TFS!!!

JulieA said...

I love it! It's so wonderfully cheery. Perfect for a rainy fall day like we have here in WA today. Thanks for spreading your little piece of sunshine our way. :-)

Carole of Brum said...

Ah, I was wondering how anyone could make something with 6 different papers, now I see how it's done, lol. And I was also wondering today how to cover small chipboards and coasters with paper, and you've gone and explained that too! You're a mine of information today, Joan :)

I love the bright happy look of this, and the sentiment is so nice. Lovely job! CoB

jimlynn said...

What a cute little scene you created here! Love the covered chipboard! VERY CUTE!
Lynn

Lisa Lara said...

This is so cute Joan. I love your hanging and what a cute scene you made.

Anonymous said...

Creative work its looking so beautiful i really like it...
Plastic card printing
plastic Cards

pinky said...

Love the little scene. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is adorable! Thank you so much for joining our Fall Colors challenge at Just Some Lines. :)

Rae said...

This chipboard piece is oh so very cute! I love the whoe scene!

Rae said...

This chipboard piece is oh so very cute! I love the whoe scene!

michele said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Jani said...

Wonderful creation!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Thank you for playing with us in our "Fall Colors" challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Love, Laura
JSLDT

Tina said...

beautiful card....lovely the bright colors

thank you for joining us at just some lines

Tina
jsldt

Just Some Lines Digital Stamps said...

OhWow, I love this!
Thanks for joining the Just Some Lines Saturday Challenge :)

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Awesome creation, love how you used the chip board - great effect!! Thanks so much for playing at JUST SOME LINES this time:)