Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Haunting

Hello everyone...hope you are having a great week so far!! We aren't doing so well here in Texas....the wild fires are doing sooo much damage!!  We had one across the road from our land on Monday...they had 7 fire trucks plus an ambulance trying to fight it!! Some of the firemen were treated for smoke inhalation.  The fire  went right up to 3 houses but they fought back the flames with water and foam...sooo scarry!!! Thank God the flames didn't jump the road to our side!!! I feel so bad for all the folks in Bastrop...hundreds of people have lost their homes and businesses. Sometimes all it takes is a spark from a lawnmower or a car starting and the grass just explodes...please help us pray for rain!!!!
Anyway....
This is the second Halloween set I have made for my Grands...2 down, 8 to go!! The bat trails and sentiment from Inkadinkado were stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with clear ep. The papers and stickers are from Echo Park's Happy Halloween and the bat chipboard with the googly eyes, the button, and twine finishes it off.
I used the awesome velvet bat paper from Stampin Up! along with Echo park stichers on the bag. Googly eyes were added to the pumpkin and the button, twine, and ribbon complete the project.

Thanks for stopping by....It's almost 2:00 AM and time for this old grandma to be in bed...I think I turned into a pumpkin an hour ago...LOL!!!


19 comments:

Tammy said...

Fun Halloween creations Joan! Love the bat and bat trails!

Please, please stay safe. We are praying for your in Pennsylvania!

Bev J. said...

Cute bat and card.

Praying for rain!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

It was terrible to see all the fires as we flew into the airport, they were so large :( Praying for rain, now that we have the lower temps, let's hope for something. Your card and bag are adorable and love all the dimension and interest with the scene. They will love it.

debbie said...

The fires sound terrible and how scary it must be when they get so close. Sending prayers for rain.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh no Joan! I've been thinking of you and wondering if those fires were close to you. That's TOO close! Been watching it on our Canadian news and it's a horrible and scary situation. I do pray for rain and that the winds stop!

Your card and gift bag are so cool! Love the awesome details!

XxJULESxX said...

wow Joan i LOVE your projects they are fab!! the kids will love them im sure!.
Glad your safe Joan i will do a rain dance for you!!!

Liz Williams said...

Love these fun Halloween colors. 'Tis the season to enjoy this fun season of the year.

jimlynn said...

Such a cute card and bag! Such fun Halloween colors too.

We haven't had any of the fires in our area yet....So much devastation in Bastrop and surrounding areas. We have a ranch between Bastrop and Lockhart and are praying it doesn't hit us too.
Yes, please pray for rain.

Lynn

Sasha said...

Gorgeously cute Halloween set, Joan! I love those googly eyes!

I'm shocked to read that you still haven't had any rain. We haven't had any news of this here in the UK. It's all been about the 10th anniversary coming around of 9/11. My heart aches for the folks who have lost everything in these terrible fires. My thoughts are with you, and I pray that you get some rain soon! xx

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun Joan!! This is a really adorable set!! ;) I love Halloween and these colors!

Jacquel said...

Glad to hear you're safe Joan! I can only imagine how scary it is for you....

Love your set btw! I'm sure your grands will too...awesome job my friend & TFS!!!

Auntie Em said...

So sorry to hear about all the fires in your area. Hope you and your family are all staying safe. Prayers for those who have lost homes and are suffering.

I love the little card and gift bag set you have created. The pretty colours and the fun characters are so cute.

Thank you for sharing!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a wonderful and colorful set, GF!! Just fab. We're in the midst of DAYS of rain.....I'd be so happy to send some to you. How lucky you are that the fire didn't touch you!!! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Great Halloween goodies! I have been praying for Texas, fire is so frightening.

Lisa Lara said...

Wow...beautifully done...Joan...as always. Love this set. The arrow signs are terrific.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Adorable cards for the Grands Joan! Love the colours and that googly eyed bat eyed and teeny pumpkin stack are darling!

I am so glad to hear that the fire did not jump the road...that is too close. We were evacuated and returned home on Tuesday afternoon, we were blessed with no damage to our home in Steiner Ranch. I was supposed to be on a plane to Italy yesterday, but I canceled in lieu of the situation. Fires here are now 75% contained...Yay.

Jodi Collins said...

What a DARLING set Joan! LOVE these!!!
Stay safe my friend...praying for rain!!!

Curt in Indy said...

I'm so glad that your house was spared. I've been heartbroken watching the coverage and seeing those poor folks who have lost everything. I can't imagine. I'm keeping you all in thoughts and prayers. As for your great card and bag-Wow. These are marvelous! Your Grands are going to love this. I wish I had a Grandmother who took the time to do cool things like this. LOVE the bat card. Stay well. . . Best, Curt

Carole of Brum said...

Stay safe, Joan, and hoping that you get rain really soon, what a frightening situation for you all, I'm thinking of you.

Love your halloween set, you are a fab grandma to your grands. CoB