Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Christmas Joy

Good morning!!! I am still at The Trading Days in Canton, Texas but I did schedule this to post today....I am still making flat Christmas cards for easy mailing and I wanted to share this with you...I used one of my favorite Taylored Expressions sets called Wings of Joy!! The image was paper pieced with the same October Afternoon Good Cheer dp that was also used in the background. The bird, holly, and bow were all stamped on scrap white, colored with Copics, cutout, and glued to the stamped image. The diecut doily, ribbon, and sewing finish it off.
Recipe: Stamps: Wings of Joy from Taylored Expressions/
Paper: Vanilla, Riding Hood red, October Afternoon's Good Cheer
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Nestabilities Ovals, Ribbon, Papertrey Ink Doily Die, Sewing Machine, Copics 

Thanks sooo much for stopping by....I will be back tomorrow for the Fall Hop...stay tuned!!!!

19 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

gorgeous xmas card Joan!!

Tammy said...

Super sweet Christmas card. Love the DP and matching paper piecing.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this is one of my fave TE images too!! Great idea to paper piece JOY....love the red/blue combo too!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, love the piecing and non traditional colors!

jimlynn said...

Oh how I wish I was at Canton with you!! It really is something to see isn't it.
Love this wonderful card for the holidays. So pretty with that "doily" behind the main image. Gorgeous card.
Lynn

Sasha said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Joan! Fabulous paper pieceing!

Unknown said...

Your cards is wonderfully sweet! It caught my eye instantly! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Crystal said...

Joan GORGEOUS Holiday card, I LOVE the added doily and these beautiful colors!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a fun AND classy card for your stash...fabu coloring....great use of the doily...lovely

Michelle L. said...

such a pretty card! I love the colors and that fabulous doily!

Linda Palmer said...

Another beautiful Christmas card. I love this one.

Elizabeth said...

Love the colors and the doily!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Love the paper-pieced Joy, Joan! Pretty Christmas card! I hope you're enjoying yourself!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is perfect.. flat for mailing but still so much texture and fun. Love how you did the ribbon ends.

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful christmas card joan-great layout- Ineed to make some of these cards for easier mailing

Bev J. said...

Great layout, cute design and a very happy, pretty card!

Lee said...

Joan this is Fall scrumptiousness!!! I ADORE that big bow!!

Kim said...

That's the most fabulous bow ever! Love it and love your card!

Kris in Alaska said...

What an adorable card! So sweet and love those colors! TFS!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com