Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sweet Bee

Good morning everyone!!! I finally got into the craft room after my wild weekend....we had 3 soccer games and two trips to Austin so we were pooped yesterday!!!  With three Grands in soccer, we have been on the road quite a bit!! Anyway...I got some happy mail yesterday and just had to ink up my new goodies!!! This 
cute little bee is from Lil' Inkers Sweet Bee set...doesn't she have the cutest face!!!She was colored with Copics, cutout, and popped up on foam dots. The background paper is Echo Park's Country Road and the sewing, ribbon, grass diecut, and the fun little puffy felt flowers finish it off. 

I thought I would share a couple pics of Mackenzie....she plays forward and is such a fast runner, just like her daddy!! David played soccer in high school and has the bad knees to prove it....it's not a game for for the faint of heart, that's for sure!!!

They lost the game but really did a great job!!!

The Iris Club's annual Iris Show is in two weeks and my hybrids are blooming now...yikes!!! I won't have any to show at this rate!!! This one is called Gaze...

 
This is called Obiwan Kenobi...I won second place in the blended catagory last year with this beauty!!

We have two soccer games Thursday night so I will share more pics of the Grands on Friday...have a great day!!! 


11 comments:

Carole of Brum said...

Hiya Joan, wow your card made me feel really cheered up, it's brilliant! Love that little bee, and yes she does have a cute face. I like the stitching on your card too, I wish I had a machine to achieve this kind of stitch, I have to sew by hand and therefore only ever have a straight running stitch (nevermind).

Ooh I wish I could run around a soccer field like Mackenzie does, she must have bags of energy. Your Gaze iris has her team colour on it! CoB

Tammy said...

Love the sweet bee and the puffy flowers really make the image pop! Great action shots of your granddaughter and the iris are breathtaking!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great grandmother you are to run and see all the games, that is so wonderful and memories in the making. My goodness your Iris are gorgeous, one of my favorites since my mom grew them. Your card is adorable and loving the flowers how cute and so country.

Patti J said...

Mackenzie is beautiful, even in soccer attire! Still envious of all those 'grands'! Someday.... Love your card, Joan - so happy and colorful! Your Iris' are gorgeous! I especially love the Obie-wan name - how fun!!! A Star Wars Iris...never would have known! Great post, thanks for sharing!

Annette Allen said...

I am so in love with this bee...your card is so adorable...totally love love love it...

Thanks for sharing your fun pictures...those flowers are amazing and how cute is Mackenzie...

jimlynn said...

Joan, this is so cute with that little bee! Talk about a HAPPY card! LOVE IT!
Fun and games and soccer....know that keeps you busy but isn't it fun to watch them play!
LOVE the iris shots! Gorgeous flowers. Ours are in bloom here-but none this pretty. Spring is finally here I guess!
Lynn

Linda Palmer said...

Joan your card is so sweet. I love all your designs. This one is just too cute and fun. Love the little bee.

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO cute!!! ADORABLE Joan!

Bev Gerard * TexasGrammy said...

Oh how Mackensie has grown!! Love seeing her busy excelling!

And your iris, my dear ... gorgeous! I sure hope some beauties spring forth just at the right moment for the show!

Dawn Easton said...

eek! That bee image is darling!!! How fun!

That's awesome that you get out to the games...I'm sure the kids love having you there cheering them on!!!

I'm jealous that your flowers are up! They are beautiful!~

Debbie said...

Adorable card, lovely iris, lovely and talented granddaughter!!! Great post thanks for sharing!