Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lots of Blue


Good morning everyone...hope you are all well and safe!! My heart goes out to all those who's lives have been turned upside down by the tornados and high winds...what a nightmare for so many people!! Hopefully, the storms are over and everyone can begin to pick up the pieces of their lives. My BIL's family, his 5 children and their families live in Western Kentucky and they escaped by about 20 miles....thank goodness!!!  Anyway....

I had a chance to play in a few Splitcoast Stamper's challenges this week...this card is for the Free 4 All challenge to make a blue card with flowers. My card features a Hero Arts stamp called Large Blossom. It was inked with Concord Crush onto blue cardstock...the background was stamped with the Rubbernecker French Script background stamp and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Basics set. Ribbon, button, and twine finish it off.
Recipe:
Stamps: Rubbernecker, PTI, Hero Arts
Papers: Concord Crush, Prism Baby Blue Medium
Ink: Concord Crush
Accessories: Ribbon, Button, Twine, Nestabilities

This card was made to celebrate the 7th anniversary of the Was to Use it Challenge...we were challenges to use denim. I had an old pair of jeans in the rag bin that still had the little inside pocket intact...I knew I was saving that for something...LOL!! The flower was made with denim, too, and the sentiment on the tag is from The Cat's Meow's Sent With Love set.
Recipe:
Stamps: The Cat's Meow
Paper: Prism Frosted Yellow and Twilight Dark, White, Three Bugs in a Rug dp
Ink" Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Denim, Yellow Flower, Button, Twine, Ribbon, Slit Punch, Nestabilities, Doily, Sewing Machine

Thanks for stopping by...have a great Saturday!!!


13 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards Joan! The first one is so elegant, love how its popped up from its frames. So clever of you to use a pocket for your denim card, fabulous!

Dawn Easton said...

Joan, your floral card is gorgeous! Love that beautiful stamp! Wow!
That denim card screams fun!!! I have Chloe's old jeans sitting out in hopes to play along with the challenge today too! Love the yellow and blue....my fave combo!

Sasha said...

Both your cards are gorgeous in their own way, Joan. Your first card is beautifully stamped...love that floral stamp! Your second card is soooo creative with the denim pocket, and flower.....I love how you have the sentiment popping out of your pocket x

Becky said...

Joan, these are beautiful. I just love that denim pocket :)

Linda Palmer said...

Gorgeous cards Joan. I love them both as blue is my favorite color and love,love,love the jean pocket. Too cute.

jimlynn said...

Since blue is just my favorite color ever...I love that first card! Outstanding and just gorgeous.
Your little blue jean pocket is adorable! Love the distressed look and that flower! Perfect.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

WOW Joan!! I really love the elegant blue design on top, but that blue jean pocket card is FABULOUS!!! Great works my dear!! ;) HUGS

Kathy and Lucky said...

So glad that your BIL's family is safe, must have been very scary for them. Your cards are adorable, have to say that denim pocket, genius.

Annette Allen said...

wow Joan...I so love stopping by...your cards are ALWAYS so beautiful...thanks for the inspiration...

Rose Ann said...

Blue is probably my favorite color...and I'm loving your cards today, Joan!! Gorgeous flowers on your first card, and I am in love with your denim pocket!! So clever and cute!! ♥

Jerri Kay said...

Both of these cards are stunning Joan, I especially love the second card with the denim pocket, it's over-the-top! Hugssss!!!

Bev J. said...

I love blue and you card doesn't dissapoint-very pretty. Great use of the denim-cute!

Joanne (jojot) said...

both are so rich in color and design....loving the lace on the second and the blues you choose onthe first