Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Happily Ever After

Hello everyone....first I want to say that my heart goes out to the people of Japan and all the those who have been effected by the earthquake and Tsunami that occured today...what a tragedy!!! My BFF's son and his family love outside Tokyo...I'm praying for their safety!!!

You won't believe I actually got up early this morning and went to help my Dad rake leaves and clean out his flower bed. I am all invirgorated, now, since I got a dose of the fresh morning air...hope my body doesn't go into shock...LOL!!!! Anyway...I'm back home safe in my craft room getting inky. I made a card for the Tuesday Trigger on the Moxie Fab World Blog...aren't the colors pretty!!!...and today's Free 4 All Challenge on Splitcoast to decorate the edges of our cards.
I made a wedding card for a friend's DD...sewing was done around the edges of the patterned paper and then Diamond Stickles was added for a little sparkle. The felt flowers were made with MFT's rolled flower Die-namics and the ribbon, orange flower centers, doily, and sticker sentiment finish it off. This also qualifies for yesterday's Ways to Use Challenge on Splitcoast to use felt.
Recipe:
Paper: Prima dp called Annalee, White Accessories: Sentiment Chipboard Sticker from Cosmo Cricket's Ever After, Pebbles Candy Dots and Orange Flower Jewel, Felt from MFT, Doily, Sewing Machine, Diamond Stickles, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch

I also entered this in a few other challenges:
1. Daring Cardmaker - home made (I made the felt flowers)
2. Joan's Garden - recipe
3. Fab n Funky challenge - make it girly

Thanks for visiting today....I hope you have a great weekend!!!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! So gorgeous Joan! LOVE your pretty colors and elegant design!! Those flowers are so pretty! TFS! HUGS

Crystal said...

OOOOOWEEE Joan this is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE your flowers!!!! Have a GREAT Friday!

Becky said...

WOWser Joan...this is a knock out!

Carole of Brum said...

Oh lovely! Those soft colours are gorgeous and the zing of the brights is a nice accent. Plus that lovely bow - another perfect card, Joan. Hope you have a great weekend too and that your invigoration continues, lol. CoB

Tammy said...

Such a beautiful card Joan. The flowers really pop.

My daughter is in Okinawa, Japan and I am very thankful that she is safe and the government has reported that all military is accounted for. Something to be thankful for on such a sad day.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just super charming Joan!! I LOVE your felt flowers and these happy colors. Your card just made me smile!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow. I love those felt flowers. Beautiful card.

Linda Palmer said...

So pretty. I love the felt flowers. Great job.

Jacquel said...

Beautiful card Joan & do LOVE those flowers you added! Excellent work as always & TFS!!!!

Sheri said...

This is awesome! You nailed to inspiration photo! So feminine and pretty!

Zuzana Obert said...

Joan, this card is stunning. I love your felt flowers. They are very yummy. Thank you for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers.

Zuzana x x

Lynda said...

Absolutely beautiful - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Lori said...

Gorgeous Joan! Great idea for a wedding card. Your flowers are wonderful too.

Sharon said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this time round, hope to see you again soon.
Sharon x

Joanne (jojot) said...

what wonderful and creative cutwork on your sentiment....wow

Dawn Easton said...

Joan, this is GORGEOUS! LOVE your sparkle on the edges!!! Must try that ;)

Rae said...

Love his trigger card! Beautiful, Joan!

Kath Stewart said...

love your card joan and those home baked flowers are gorgeous....hugs kath xxx

Jo said...

Your card is gorgeous - love the felt flowers :)

Thank you for sharing it with

Daring Cardmakers

jo x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Joan! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Lea L. said...

Those felt flowers are gorgeous!! Great job with the Tuesday Trigger challenge!! ♥♥♥